The need and want for real physical assets is hardwired into us all.
Your parents tell you to make sure you invest your money in real estate property and everyone is brainwashed into this.
But that is only because that is what they know from their experiences. These experiences are true to your parent’s knowledge but this is from decades ago.
In an increasingly digital world and the fast-evolving knowledge economy, we need to adjust our thinking and priorities regarding where we invest our time and money. You don’t know what you don’t know as they say.
- 1 Steps to Building Digital Assets
- 2 Fuck Property – Invest in Digital Assets NOW
- 3 What is a Digital Landlord?
- 4 Who Should Invest?
- 5 The High Street is Dying?
- 6 Why are Online Shops Thriving?
- 7 How to Acquire Digital Assets?
- 8 Best Place to Sell Digital Assets?
- 9 How Much is My Website Worth?
- 10 Hold Onto Your Digital Properties
- 11 Buy Fixer Upper Websites and Renovate
- 12 Monetization Of Money Sites
- 13 Website Investments vs Property Investments
- 14 Is Buying Digital Assets High Risk?
- 15 Your Thoughts
- 16 Investing with my Vision Statement in Mind
- 17 I Put My Money Where My Mouth Is
- 18 All Entrepreneurship Related Posts
Steps to Building Digital Assets
Here are the steps to building out digital assets:
- Go and buy an aged domain from https://cli.re/odys
- Carry out this brand course https://cli.re/brandcourse and create your branded SERP
- Carry out keyword research on https://cli.re/semrush to map out your content plan
- Group keywords into a silo structure and ahrefs can help you with parent topics and clustering
- Learn how to write quality content for free https://cli.re/surferseocourse
- Sign Up to https://cli.re/surferseo and write all your articles in the content editor
- Upload the quality content and hit articles with engagement to get out sandbox https://cli.re/signalboy
- Purchase a few high-end links from https://cli.re/highriselinks
- Get some super relevant links from https://cli.re/getmelinks
- Hit social to all your links https://cli.re/signalboy
- Run a regular audit to check the technical https://cli.re/semrushaudit
- Sign upto affiliate programs like awin, amazon, https://cli.re/shareasale and any others that sell your niche products
Once it gets to 5k a month rinse and repeat with another site from https://cli.re/odys and keep repeating steps 6-10 to grow the sites further.
Fuck Property – Invest in Digital Assets NOW
Digital is still a baby and an untapped market. The huge investors and stakeholders still have not entered this market properly in investments.
There is zero sales pitch in this article so get in the comments and give me your thoughts on this or ask questions. As some of the topics I will cover here are controversial and will split opinions I am sure so speak up and voice your opinion.
What is a Digital Landlord?
A digital landlord is when you acquire digital assets to rent out.
“A digital landlord is someone who has digital assets, for example, a website or a video ranked on youtube and google. That website or video has one purpose, and that is to generate qualified leads and calls for a local business.”
The websites are then leased by the digital landlord (owner of the website/video) to the local business owner for a monthly fee if they want to have the leads and calls generate on those sites.
Rank and rents are becoming ever so popular because the majority of online entrepreneurs hate client SEO.
Who Should Invest?
All too often I see people growing frustrated at seeing their surplus funds (post corporation tax and dividends) not being put to good use with the lack of opportunities available. The corporate wealth management divisions are advising to invest into stocks, bonds and pensions.
But none are understanding the true value in online assets because it is in the infancy of huge booms.
Money in the bank is depreciating every day with the rate of inflation. So get that money making money for you!!
If you have money sitting in the bank then start investing and growing its funds, that may currently be sitting idle, and depreciating with the rate of inflation.
The High Street is Dying?
The High street is struggling because of huge overheads. Online stores doing well. People go to Mothercare and ToysRUs to sample a product, then go home and buy online for cheaper.
Finding High Street Shops That Have Not Grown Online are Perfect Clients for SEO Agencies
The online shops are killing the high street retail shops because do not have all the costs of lease, wages and holding stock. So can undercut them on price.
Opening your own cafe, clothes shop or restaurants is a dream for many. The design of the shop is clear in your mind. The lease is signed with a commitment for 3 years. The shop’s fit-out has started and it has cost £100,000 after paying lease owner, manufacturers, and contractors.
This is a huge gamble to take especially when the majority of sales are now being made online.
Why are Online Shops Thriving?
A bricks and mortar retail shop is fixed and only caters to potential customers who are local to the store.
Online never sleeps and runs 24/7 so the efforts that the internet can do while you are sleeping are unseen.
There is always so much unseen efforts of a winner and this applies to the internet as it never sleeps or gets tired.
But an online shop understands that today’s consumers want the convenience to buy online when and where they feel like it.
This could be on a train while surfing the internet on their laptop.
It could be as they wait for a friend while browsing online with their new iPhone.
It is time to invest in the 21st-century demands. Your target clients want ease of purchasing.
How to Acquire Digital Assets?
This is a great question on the best places to purchase websites that are fixer upper domains.
From a lot of testing various domain vendors, we found ODYS to be by far the best and have the ability to get you access here.
There is opportunity to buy auction domains, dropped domains or expired to build sites out on and get a team of virtual assistants to build these out.
But you are better taking action first to get the ball rolling. If these services have streamlined it then it is probably just best to hire these experts and scale the processes to get them ranking in search engines.
Best Place to Sell Digital Assets?
The best place at present for selling websites is Broker My Business.
At Broker My Business they value websites and generally it is priced up at around 24 months profit.
Buying and flipping websites have become a big industry as the internet has evolved.
How Much is My Website Worth?
Your website is worth a lot more and I think the 24 monthly profit valuation many prices are undervalued.
I have a lot of close friends who are financial investors who have moved into digital assets. Websites are deemed to be “high risk” compared to government bonds, real estate etc.
Remember a price is only an issue in the absence of value. So if you work smarter you can improve profit margins without much extra work.
However, they’ve told me their budgets are doubling year on year for next 5 years which is written into their business plans.
These guys run big finance investment pots. So you’re talking website purchasing going from:-
- 20 million – year one investments
- 40 million – double investments
- 80 million – double investment in year two
- 160 million – doubling again
- 320 million – double up on year 4 budgets
There are 16x more buyers budgets. So market value is certainly going to rise.
Hold Onto Your Digital Properties
Selling your websites now I feel is like selling your house just before the property boom.
It is about trying to analyze the peak and troughs. You buy at the troughs and sell at the peaks.
Bear in mind in real estate is saturated and your residual value is 480 x monthly profit on average. (not priced like this but generally speaking this comes from real estate on average earning 5% yield).
Would You Sell Your Home When the Property Boom is Just Starting – NO? So Don’t Sell Your Website Then!
Digital assets at present are giving you 50% yield. So there is 10x difference at present which I think is not right personally. For this reason, hold onto your online properties and you will see higher valuations for your websites in years to come.
Why Would You Sell At Present
You might need to flip some money sites to then get yourself capital to buy 5 additional sites. But if you can afford to keep them then do.
Apart from if it’s a product based site that might stop being in demand then flip it.
But all mine I try to make sure are evergreen so not just the latest craze!!
Buy Fixer Upper Websites and Renovate
When looking to purchase real estate to buy and sell. Then you generally look for fixer upper homes that you see potential in renovating to increase value.
It is no different with websites. You can improve the sites, CRO, content, links, technical SEO and commercials. So for all this uplift purchasing websites is a MUST but what I am saying is with zero uplifts these are still an amazing investment.
Purchase Fixer Upper Domains and You Can Get Your Investments Back Within Months
Hence the reason I’m hugely on the acquisition trail at present. Building a huge digital asset portfolio in carefully selected niches.
Niches I know these big financial investors will want to buy!!
Get your investments into more sites because it’s certainly not going anywhere and only going to grow hugely over next 5 years.
Monetization Of Money Sites
I pretty much spread across them all. Affiliate, pay per lead, pay per call, pay per conversion and white label services.
But you need a team if moving out of affiliate so generally have the overheads of office, staff and that can be hard to scale.
It’s taken years of hard graft and training.
Website Investments vs Property Investments
Of course, there are pros and cons of each:
– Potential of zero income months when untenanted which leads to you paying the council tax.
– Factor in estate agent fees for property management.
– Factor in damages/maintenance if its an apartment then you also have service charge & ground rent.
– Potential of rankings dropping, which of course means a loss in income and a reduction in asset value.
On the flipside, though as decent SEOs I’d flip it on its head and say instead of rankings dropping then ranking growing and the revenue 10x’ing. This is what the majority of my sites have done and it’s about choosing the right digital property. Just like choosing the right house to buy and renovate.
Is Buying Digital Assets High Risk?
They are “high risk” if you don’t know what you are doing.
Risk can be mitigated if you know what you are doing. Hence why digital assets are undervalued.
The high risk comes into play when you do not understand what you are buying and houses can be high risk if you buy above the market value.
Looking and trying to source fixer upper sites is key just like when you look to make money on properties then you want to find homes that you can see potential in to refurbish and add value to the asset value.
My Personal Thoughts are Digital Assets are Low Risk and High Reward Which Makes Them a WIN-WIN Gamble
Now penguin penalties and panda penalties in google search has gone real time I believe there is an even lower risk now because it is easy to get yourself out of any penalties you might find yourself in.
What assets are important to you?
Are you paying enough attention to the ever-changing digital world?
Is it time to rearrange your investment priorities?
Or are you crushing it already online and have extra stuff to add to this?
Comment below and let us know your thoughts and ideas.
Investing with my Vision Statement in Mind
I always like to make sure I do investments with one eye on my vision statement.
This picture is myself and Rick Hope who I look to invest with on many of my ventures.
Why? Anyone wondering why then he is a close friend, knows my family well, has similar visions and the big one is trust. You need to have 100% trust that your partner is honest and when things go wrong then “it is what it is” but you never hide anything.
I Put My Money Where My Mouth Is
If you are scared to invest or do not have the money at present comment below with your basic idea you are looking into doing and I will help finance yourself if I feel the venture is worth going into as a partnership.
We can invest a combination of capital and services in return for equity in your company. Here are businesses and ideas that interest me:
- Existing online business primed for growth
- An established offline company in need of a digital partner
- An idea you are confident will succeed but need capital to fund the marketing
- Successful agency needing help to scale and take it to the next level
We have built a strong team and got funds in place to invest in multiple niches. As our team understands the importance of delegation then this allows us to scale in many marketplaces.
You Must Spend Money to Make Money
You could have the next idea to rival uber, Airbnb or business which just needs to be found online. The next step is taking action in understanding do you need us to invest or are you going to take the leap yourself. Either way, do not be lazy and sit back doing neither because it is “Better To Try And Fail Than Never To Try At All”
All Entrepreneurship Related Posts
Check out the in-depth list of entrepreneurship posts.
- Ben Proctor - The Digital Workshop
- Can I Interview You To Share on My Podcast and Social Media?
- David Goggins
- Death By A Thousand Cuts
- Elliot Preston - The Digital Workshop
- Encourage Learning In The Workplace
- Entering Entrepreneurship - The Digital Workshop
- Facts About Entrepreneur
- FightMediocrity Review
- Flow State Of Mind - How To Stay Focused?
- Invest Into Digital Assets
- Leo Soulas
- Live The Moment - It Is All About The Journey Not The Outcome
- Living a Laptop Lifestyle
- Make Money Online - Are You Crushing It?
- Money Vs Happiness
- Move With The Times - DEAL WITH IT
- The Change House Model - Get On The Foooking Roof
- The World Is My Office
- Work Life Integration
- Work Smarter Not Harder
- You Don't Know What You Don't Know
- Your Brain is Your Bitch
- The Digital World
- TAKE ACTION - You Create Your Own Luck
- Road to Failure - Lame Excuse "Too Busy"
- Work With The End In Mind
- James Z Dooley – SEO Enthusiast Introduction
- Real Entrepreneurs Stay Clear of Multi-Level Marketing
- Digital Nomad Life Lessons
- Be Positive To All Your Problems
- Wasted Time is Worse Than Wasted Money
- Why Networking is Vitally Important
The full list shows the entrepreneurship articles to help you widen your knowledge.