Invest Into Digital Assets
The need and want for real physical assets is hardwired into us all.
Your parents tell you to make sure you invest your money in real estate property and everyone is brainwashed into this.
But that is only because that is what they know from their experiences. These experiences are true to your parent’s knowledge but this is from decades ago.
In an increasingly digital world and the fast-evolving knowledge economy, we need to adjust our thinking and priorities regarding where we invest our time and money. You don’t know what you don’t know as they say.
Digital Landlords are investing to grow their online Digital Real Estate. The purchase of domains, websites, and social media accounts management for internet businesses are the most common investments to grow the digital real estate empire.
One of the main reasons you could be looking to invest in digital assets is to utilise the Tuck-In Acquisition Strategy for fast business growth.
- 1 It Is All About Appreciating Assets
- 2 Fuck Property – Invest in Digital Assets NOW
- 3 What is a Digital Landlord?
- 4 Steps to Building Digital Assets
- 5 Who Should Invest?
- 6 The High Street is Dying?
- 7 Why are Online Shops Thriving?
- 8 How to Acquire Digital Assets?
- 9 Best Place to Sell Digital Assets?
- 10 How Much is My Website Worth?
- 11 How to buy digital assets
- 12 Hold Onto Your Digital Properties
- 13 Buy Fixer Upper Websites and Renovate
- 14 Monetization Of Money Sites
- 15 Website Investments vs Property Investments
- 16 Is Buying Digital Assets High Risk?
- 17 Popular Questions
- 18 Your Thoughts
- 19 Investing with my Vision Statement in Mind
- 20 I Put My Money Where My Mouth Is
- 21 All Entrepreneurship Related Posts
It Is All About Appreciating Assets
Appreciating Assets is the increase in asset value.
The majority of assets are used to accumulate and grow wealth, appreciate.
An asset can appreciate because of supply, demand, or a change in interest rates.
A very famous quote by Robert Kiyosaki is:
The poor and the middle-class work for money… the rich have money work for them
Although real estate can appreciate in value it is a huge investment with small returns of around 10% on average annually.
The rank and rent model can provide returns of 500% comfortably and better still the appreciation of the websites has insane growth as gathers age.
Fuck Property – Invest in Digital Assets NOW
Digital is still a baby and an untapped market. The huge investors and stakeholders still have not entered this market properly in investments.
Just like real estate, these virtual properties become long term passive income streams
There is zero sales pitch in this article so get in the comments and give me your thoughts on this or ask questions.
As some of the topics I will cover here are controversial and will split opinions I am sure so speak up and voice your opinion.
What is a Digital Landlord?
A digital landlord is when you acquire digital assets to rent out.
“A digital landlord is someone who has digital assets, for example, a website or a video ranked on youtube and google. That website or video has one purpose, and that is to generate qualified leads and calls for a local business.”
The websites are then leased by the digital landlord (owner of the website/video) to the local business owner for a monthly fee if they want to have the leads and calls generate on those sites.
Steps to Building Digital Assets
Here are the steps to building out digital assets:
- Go and buy an aged domain from https://cli.re/odys
- Carry out this brand course https://cli.re/brandcourse and create your branded SERP
- Carry out keyword research on https://cli.re/semrush to map out your content plan
- Group keywords into a silo structure and ahrefs can help you with parent topics and clustering
- Learn how to write quality content for free https://cli.re/surferseocourse
- Sign Up to https://cli.re/surferseo and write all your articles in the content editor
- Upload the quality content and hit articles with engagement to get out sandbox https://cli.re/signalboy
- Purchase a few high-end links from https://cli.re/highriselinks
- Buy 3-4 Wikipedia backlinks per domain from Wiki Wookiee
- Get some super relevant links from https://cli.re/getmelinks
- Hit social to all your links https://cli.re/signalboy
- Run a regular audit to check the technical https://cli.re/semrushaudit
- Create a GMB Listing (even if you are an affiliate site) and build trust with GMB SEO Hacks
- Build trust by buying positive reviews from RateMyBusiness.io
- Sign up to affiliate programs like awin, amazon, https://cli.re/shareasale and any others that sell your niche products
Once it gets to 5k a month rinse and repeat with another site from https://cli.re/odys and keep repeating steps 6-10 to grow the sites further.
Who Should Invest?
All too often I see people growing frustrated at seeing their surplus funds (post corporation tax and dividends) not being put to good use with the lack of opportunities available. The corporate wealth management divisions are advising to invest in stocks, bonds and pensions.
But none are understanding the true value of online assets because it is in the infancy of huge booms.
Money in the bank is depreciating every day with the rate of inflation. So get that money making money for you!!
If you have money sitting in the bank then start investing and growing its funds, which may currently be sitting idle, and depreciating with the rate of inflation.
The High Street is Dying?
The High street is struggling because of huge overheads. Online stores doing well. People go to Mothercare and ToysRUs to sample a product, then go home and buy online for cheaper.
Finding High Street Shops That Have Not Grown Online are Perfect Clients for SEO Agencies
Online shops are killing the high street retail shops because do not have all the costs of a lease, wages and holding stock. So can undercut them on price.
Opening your own cafe, clothes shop or restaurants is a dream for many. The design of the shop is clear in your mind. The lease is signed with a commitment for 3 years. The shop’s fit-out has started and it has cost £100,000 after paying the lease owner, manufacturers, and contractors.
This is a huge gamble to take especially when the majority of sales are now being made online.
Why are Online Shops Thriving?
A bricks and mortar retail shop is fixed and only caters to potential customers who are local to the store.
Online never sleeps and runs 24/7 so the efforts that the internet can do while you are sleeping are unseen.
There is always so much unseen efforts of a winner and this applies to the internet as it never sleeps or gets tired.
But an online shop understands that today’s consumers want the convenience to buy online when and where they feel like it.
This could be on a train while surfing the internet on their laptop.
It could be as they wait for a friend while browsing online with their new iPhone.
It is time to invest in the 21st-century demands. Your target clients want ease of purchasing.
How to Acquire Digital Assets?
This is a great question on the best places to purchase websites that are fixer upper domains.
From a lot of testing various domain vendors, we found ODYS to be by far the best and have the ability to get you access here.
There is an opportunity to buy auction domains, dropped domains or expired to build sites out on and get a team of virtual assistants to build these out.
But you are better off taking action first to get the ball rolling. If these services have streamlined it then it is probably just best to hire these experts and scale the processes to get them ranking in search engines.
Best Place to Sell Digital Assets?
The best place at present for selling websites is Broker My Business.
At Broker My Business they value websites and generally it is priced up at around 24 months profit.
Buying and flipping websites have become a big industry as the internet has evolved.
How Much is My Website Worth?
Your website is worth a lot more and I think the 24 monthly profit valuation many prices are undervalued.
I have a lot of close friends who are financial investors who have moved into digital assets. Websites are deemed to be “high risk” compared to government bonds, real estate etc.
Remember a price is only an issue in the absence of value. So if you work smarter you can improve profit margins without much extra work.
However, they’ve told me their budgets are doubling year on year for next 5 years which is written into their business plans.
These guys run big finance investment pots. So you’re talking website purchasing going from:-
- 20 million – year one investments
- 40 million – double investments
- 80 million – double investment in year two
- 160 million – doubling again
- 320 million – double up on year 4 budgets
There are 16x more buyers budgets. So market value is certainly going to rise.
How to buy digital assets
When looking to invest in a digital asset you must first of all do the following steps
1. Research a Niche
2. Sign Up With ODYS
3. Register Your Details
4. Purchase a Relevant Domain
5. Build the Website
6. Rank and Bank
Hold Onto Your Digital Properties
Selling your websites now I feel is like selling your house just before the property boom.
It is about trying to analyze the peak and troughs. You buy at the troughs and sell at the peaks.
Bear in mind in real estate is saturated and your residual value is 480 x monthly profit on average. (not priced like this but generally speaking this comes from real estate on average earning 5% yield).
Would You Sell Your Home When the Property Boom is Just Starting – NO? So Don’t Sell Your Website Then!
Digital assets at present are giving you a 50% yield. So there is a 10x difference at present which I think is not right personally. For this reason, hold onto your online properties and you will see higher valuations for your websites in years to come.
Why Would You Sell At Present
You might need to flip some money sites to then get yourself capital to buy 5 additional sites. But if you can afford to keep them then do.
Apart from if it’s a product based site that might stop being in demand then flip it.
But all mine I try to make sure are evergreen so not just the latest craze!!
Buy Fixer Upper Websites and Renovate
When looking to purchase real estate to buy and sell. Then you generally look for fixer-upper homes that you see potential in renovating to increase value.
It is no different from websites. You can improve the sites, CRO, content, links, technical SEO and commercials. So for all this uplift purchasing websites is a MUST but what I am saying is with zero uplifts these are still an amazing investment.
Purchase Fixer Upper Domains and You Can Get Your Investments Back Within Months
Hence the reason I’m hugely on the acquisition trail at present. Building a huge digital asset portfolio in carefully selected niches.
Niches I know these big financial investors will want to buy!!
Get your investments into more sites because it’s certainly not going anywhere and only going to grow hugely over next 5 years.
Monetization Of Money Sites
I pretty much spread across them all. Affiliate, pay per lead, pay per call, pay per conversion and white label services.
But you need a team if moving out of affiliate so generally have the overheads of office, staff and that can be hard to scale.
It’s taken years of hard graft and training.
Website Investments vs Property Investments
Of course, there are pros and cons of each:
– Potential of zero income months when untenanted which leads to you paying the council tax.
– Factor in estate agent fees for property management.
– Factor in damages/maintenance if its an apartment then you also have service charge & ground rent.
– Potential of rankings dropping, which of course means a loss in income and a reduction in asset value.
On the flip side, though as decent SEOs I’d flip it on its head and say instead of rankings dropping then ranking growing and the revenue 10x’ing. This is what the majority of my sites have done and it’s about choosing the right digital property. Just like choosing the right house to buy and renovate.
Is Buying Digital Assets High Risk?
They are “high risk” if you don’t know what you are doing.
Risk can be mitigated if you know what you are doing. Hence why digital assets are undervalued.
The high risk comes into play when you do not understand what you are buying and houses can be high risk if you buy above the market value.
Looking and trying to source fixer-upper sites is key just like when you look to make money on properties then you want to find homes that you can see potential in to refurbish and add value to the asset value.
My Personal Thoughts are Digital Assets are Low Risk and High Reward Which Makes Them a WIN-WIN Gamble
Now penguin penalties and panda penalties in google search has gone real-time I believe there is an even lower risk now because it is easy to get yourself out of any penalties you might find yourself in.
How much can you make flipping websites?
You can make between 2-6 years (24 months to 72 months) of monthly profit flipping websites.
So if your website is earning a $5k per month profit on average you would receive a $200k payout.
How does a Website Flip make money?
Website flipping is when investors buy digital assets and then sells them for a profit.
In order for a website to be considered a slip, it must be bought with the intentions of selling the digital asset quickly.
Many successful domain vendors or affiliate marketers make money from selling the website for much higher prices than they purchased the domain for.
How to Buy and Sell Affiliate Sites?
Buying and selling affiliate sites is a professional trade.
The highest performing digital marketing experts for buying and selling digital assets understand many skills including:
- Conversion Rate Optimisaion
- Quality Content (using tools like marketmuse and surferseo to improve articles)
- Technical SEO
- Using high-quality link building agency
- Silo Structure
- Knowing how to package up a website that looks attractive to buyers
Mushfiq from The Website Flip is an expert at this so check out his interview here with Doug Cunnington:
What Websites can I buy cheap and sell high?
Website niches you can buy cheap and sell high for include:
- Baby Products
- Pet Products
- Outdoor Gear (camping and hiking)
- Gaming Products
- Health Products
- Motivational Books
- Beauty Products
- Electronics (camera, phone, tv etc)
- Any Amazon products listed
What assets are important to you?
Are you paying enough attention to the ever-changing digital world?
Is it time to rearrange your investment priorities?
Or are you crushing it already online and have extra stuff to add to this?
Comment below and let us know your thoughts and ideas.
Investing with my Vision Statement in Mind
I always like to make sure I do investments with one eye on my vision statement.
This picture is of me and Rick Hope who I look to invest with in many of my ventures.
Why? Anyone wondering why then he is a close friend, knows my family well, has similar visions and the big one is trust. You need to have 100% trust that your partner is honest and when things go wrong then “it is what it is” but you never hide anything.
I Put My Money Where My Mouth Is
If you are scared to invest or do not have the money at the present comment below with your basic idea you are looking into doing and I will help finance yourself if I feel the venture is worth going into as a partnership.
We can invest a combination of capital and services in return for equity in your company. Here are businesses and ideas that interest me:
- Existing online business primed for growth
- An established offline company in need of a digital partner
- An idea you are confident will succeed but need capital to fund the marketing
- Successful agency needing help to scale and take it to the next level
We have built a strong team and got funds in place to invest in multiple niches. As our team understands the importance of delegation then this allows us to scale in many marketplaces.
You Must Spend Money to Make Money
You could have the next idea to rival uber, Airbnb or a business that just needs to be found online. The next step is taking action in understanding do you need us to invest or are going to take the leap yourself. Either way, do not be lazy and sit back doing neither because it is “Better To Try And Fail Than Never To Try At All”
All Entrepreneurship Related Posts
Check out the in-depth list of entrepreneurship posts.
- About James Dooley
- Be Positive To All Your Problems
- Ben Proctor - The Digital Workshop
- Biggest Cities in UK
- Bolt on Wealth Acquisition Strategy
- Can I Interview You To Share on My Podcast and Social Media?
- David Goggins
- Death By A Thousand Cuts
- Digital Nomad Life Lessons
- Digital Real Estate
- Eliminate Single Points of Failure
- Elliot Preston - The Digital Workshop
- Encourage Learning In The Workplace
- Entering Entrepreneurship - The Digital Workshop
- Facts About Entrepreneur
- FightMediocrity Review
- Flow State Of Mind - How To Stay Focused?
- If you are the best in the room you are in the wrong room
- Invest Into Digital Assets
- Leo Soulas
- Live The Moment - It Is All About The Journey Not The Outcome
- Living a Laptop Lifestyle
- Make Money Online - Are You Crushing It?
- Money Vs Happiness
- Move With The Times - DEAL WITH IT
- Rank and Rent
- Real Entrepreneurs Stay Clear of Multi-Level Marketing
- Road to Failure - Lame Excuse "Too Busy"
- SEO Joint Ventures
- TAKE ACTION - You Create Your Own Luck
- The Change House Model - Get On The Foooking Roof
- The Digital World
- The World Is My Office
- Wasted Time is Worse Than Wasted Money
- What is a Digital Landlord?
- Why Networking is Vitally Important
- Work Life Integration
- Work Smarter Not Harder
- Work With The End In Mind
- You Don't Know What You Don't Know
- Your Brain is Your Bitch
The full list shows the entrepreneurship articles to help you widen your knowledge.
Our aim to explain and educate from a basic level to an advanced on SEO and Social Media Marketing.