Yell Business Advertising used to be a great solution when people did not use to have google search.
However, times have changed and now you are reading this in 2020 then yellow page is a thing of the past.
You’re probably on a touch screen device and not in a big heavy yellow book. So the answer is a resounding NO to the question – Is Yellow Pages Business Advertising Value For Money?
Too many people are not moving with the times and keeping up with the new age of digital marketing. You need to do this when growing a business, no matter how large or small that business may be.
- 1 The Power of Google
- 2 Where Does Yell Actually Rank?
- 3 Boosting Enquiries for Your Business
- 4 Don’t Rule Yell Out Completely
- 5 What is Yellow Page Advertising?
- 6 How much does it cost to put an ad in the Yellow Pages?
- 7 Why Listen To A Stranger
- 8 Yell Premium Listing Review
- 9 Tell Us Your Thoughts
- 10 All Growth Hacking Related Posts
The Power of Google
Gone are the days of picking up that big yellow book to find the service you need. Nowadays the majority of us go straight to Google to find what we’re looking for.
In fact, 80% of us have Google set as our internet browser’s homepage. So obviously that’s going to be the place that most of us look first.
Ask yourself how often you go to Yell.com to find a Coffee Shop in your local area for example. Most people use Google, yet some businesses are paying a lot to show up in the top results on Yell. A fraction of that could go towards getting their business on the first page of Google.
Where Does Yell Actually Rank?
I put Yell.com to the test by searching for ‘loft conversions in Manchester’ (because I am actually thinking about having a loft conversion).
Straight away I see 3 Premium Listings, one of them proudly displaying ‘15+ years with Yell’ on their ad.
Hopefully, they haven’t been paying for a premium listing all this time. I don’t even want to think about how much that might add up to.
I put the same search to Google and find Yell ranks in the bottom half of the SECOND page on Google for the same search.
What that tells me is, even before clicking on the Yell result, there have been almost 20 other businesses that I could choose from before seeing the paid premium listings on Yell.
Those businesses are likely spending much less compared to the top ones on Yell. In the digital age, strategies like SEO and organic search engine ranking are much more valuable to companies than these directory listings.
Boosting Enquiries for Your Business
The important thing to remember from this article though is that what we are trying to achieve.
It is to get more enquiries and interest in your business to make them grow. We’re not trying to count the pennies wasted on Yell.
If you’re looking for a no-risk supply of enquiries for your business, this is something we can assist you with through our unique service.
We can set up a strategy which provides your company with enquiries. You only pay us for the leads which turn into orders. Leave a comment below or get in touch with us to find out more about this opportunity, and what we can do to help you.
“I cannot thank James Dooley at FatRank enough, for the enquiries he sends my business. The price I pay is a fraction of what I was giving to yell.com, and yet he delivers quadruple the leads to me every week that they ever sent”
Don’t Rule Yell Out Completely
Yell Premium Listings might work well for some companies and that’s great for them.
It certainly won’t hurt for small businesses to make a free ad on Yell and fill it with as much content as possible (URL, phone number, pictures etc.).
There’s definitely no harm in listing your business, as some people do still use it to find services.
The point I am making is that with SEO it’s about getting your company’s name out to a larger audience.
That is how you will generate more enquiries and in turn generate more sales. You’ll find that using other methods of boosting enquiries can be much more cost-effective, so definitely don’t waste money on a Premium Yell listing.
Yell online is an old way of doing things and is becoming about as useful as a Yellow Pages directory, and the only use for that which springs to mind is the young boy in the old TV advert using one as a step up to get a sneaky kiss under the mistletoe.
Any business looking to grow needs to be out with the old and in with the new.
What is Yellow Page Advertising?
Yellow page advertising is a telephone directory of businesses in the UK. It lists alphabetically by business name, and in which advertising is sold.
The yell.com directory was originally printed on yellow paper but has moved onto an online platform.
Businesses use this paid advertising to promote their brand online.
How much does it cost to put an ad in the Yellow Pages?
The cost to put an ad in the yellow pages is $250 per month.
The monthly costs for a Yellow Pages ad that takes up a quarter of the page might run you about $1,250 per month. Depending on where your business is located a full-page Yellow Pages ad might run between $2,500 to $5,000 per month.
We feel these costs for the advert is not value for money.
Why Listen To A Stranger
If you want to know who I am and find out a little more about myself to see whether you can trust this article then here are some blogs to educate you on myself the author of this article:
- Here is the history of myself – James Z Dooley
- This is why I become an SEO and online marketer
- Here is how I stay ahead of the game online by networking with the best marketers in the world
- If you think this is a sales pitch page then worry not as you will realise here I don’t do client SEO work
- Article to show you my life lessons learnt and show you this website is not designed for sales pitches but just for offering value
I would love you to read throughout the site and understand these articles are here to educate and help others do better for themselves.
Yell Premium Listing Review
The Yell Premium Listing Reviews on forums show that the return on investment you get is not worth the money you are paying.
The yell com customer reviews show that the tradesman advertising platform is better spent on seo agencies.
The yellow pages premium listing in my personal opinion is not a good use of investing in digital growth.
Tell Us Your Thoughts
Do you think using Yell listings is outdated? Or maybe you find that it works well for your company?
Let us know your views on this topic and whether you have found other methods which get more traffic and enquiries for your business.
If you’d be interested in receiving a no risk supply of enquiries for products or services you offer, please let us know.
All Growth Hacking Related Posts
Check out the in-depth list of growth hacking posts.
- Chiang Mai SEO Mastermind
- Growing Customer Lifetime Value Is Essential
- Growth Hacking
- How to Choose the Right Lead Generation Client
- James Z Dooley - SEO Enthusiast Introduction 2015
- James Z Dooley - SEO Enthusiast Introduction 2016
- James Z Dooley - SEO Enthusiast Introduction 2017
- James Z Dooley – SEO Enthusiast Introduction 2018
- James Z Dooley – SEO Enthusiast Introduction 2019
- Manchester SEO Meetup Mastermind
- Nifty Stats
- Ordering Content SOP
- Setting The Right Price
- Standard Operating Procedures
- The Ultimate Guide to Odys.Global - Our Domains, Your SEO
- Upranx Digital Marketing
- What Influencers Say About Delegation?
- Why Use Onlinejobs.ph To Delegate Tasks
- Wilmslow SEO Mastermind Meetup
- No Risk Supply Of Enquiries
- Why Our Lead Generation Works For Everyone?
- Delegation is the Key - Working on (Not in) the Business
- Are Virtual Assistants a Must?
- James Z Dooley – SEO Enthusiast Introduction
- Digital Nomad Life Lessons
- Is Yellow Pages Business Advertising Value For Money?
- Website Information Required
- Building Successful Affiliate Websites