Digital Real Estate
One of the best business tips I advise to anyone in the SEO industry is to own digital real estate in May 2022.
My most trafficked and talked about blog created a decade ago is why you should be investing in digital assets.
Your parents educate you to save up money and buy some properties to rent out that return you a 6% yield return on investment for the rentals.
But what about a 10x newer investment model of earning over 60% ROI on rank and rent websites?
Learning the trade of SEO and investing to become a digital landlord in May 2022 is returning the biggest returns on profits for investments.
In this Digital Real Estate guide, we explain the potential growth and returns on digital real estate assets and how following a similar blueprint to McDonald’s shows history repeats itself time and time again.
- 1 Be More Like McDonald’s
- 2 Why Are McDonald’s A Real Success?
- 3 The Modern-Day Digital Real Estate Model
- 4 What is digital real estate?
- 5 Why Should I Buy Digital Real Estate?
- 6 When Should I Buy Digital Real Estate?
- 7 How much does digital real estate cost?
- 8 How To Improve Digital Real Estate Websites?
- 9 Can Digital Real Estate Investing Be Dangerous?
- 10 Summary
Be More Like McDonald’s
Most people think McDonald’s makes their money from selling burgers!
When in actual fact McDonald’s makes its money as a real estate company.
These statistics are astonishing accomplishments, but did you know that McDonald’s makes more money in real estate than from hamburgers? In fact, McDonald’s has nearly $30 billion in real estate holdings, making it one of the largest commercial real estate owners in the world.
Peel back the layers of McDonald’s and you’ll find that the corporate entity is a real estate establishment.
“We are not technically in the food business. We are in the real estate business. The only reason we sell fifteen-cent hamburgers is that they are the greatest producer of revenue, from which our tenants can pay us our rent.”
Instead of making money by selling supplies to franchisees or demanding huge royalties…the McDonald’s Corporation became the landlord to its franchisees.
So the burger-flipping restaurant chain makes more revenue from renting the real estate buildings than the sale of the food or drink.
Why Are McDonald’s A Real Success?
Mcdonald’s followed a motto of Quality, Service, Cleanliness and Value.
These efforts toward process repetition and efficiency were how their systems were repeatedly successful.
“Building a successful business needs systems, systems, systems – if you are not creating systems of work you are building your business on quick sand”
All businesses should be system-dependent as opposed to people-dependent.
Everything that works does so because it runs on a system.
When you have process repetition and efficiency in your systems the business growth is exponential.
The Modern-Day Digital Real Estate Model
When online marketers think about SEO they register working on a customers website to help achieve higher rankings.
As a digital landlord I am not in the SEO industry, even thought the majority of my trade includes search engine optimisation processes.
I am not technically in the SEO sector. I am in the digital real estate business. Our team invest in wesbites, build out new domains, create optimised content, build quality backlinks, from which our tenants can pay us to rent the ranked websites.”
What is digital real estate?
Digital real estate is everything you see online related to real estate. A more technical term is virtual property.
Ownership of digital real estate isn’t just owning a website. In actual fact, digital real estate can come in many different forms, just like in real estate in the real world.
Types of Digital Real Estate
Some of the main examples of digital real estate are:
- Affiliate websites
- Branded domain names
- Lead Generation domains
- URLs to sell sponsorship deals
- Social Media Groups
- Metaverse Real Estae
All forms of digital assets are worth serious money as the internet grows in the amounts of consumers every day.
Why Should I Buy Digital Real Estate?
The main reasons you should be looking to buying digital real estate include the following:
In a world where nearly everything is online, digital real estate opportunities are one of those investments that are only growing in popularity.
Year in and year out, more investors are looking at ways they can expand their digital property empire, so the quicker you can get in yourself the better.
Investing in digital property is a great way for an investor to expand their portfolio of investments, and as we all know, it’s great to have your eggs in many different baskets when making investment decisions.
And when it comes to investments to make, having digital assets is super important in today’s ever digitalised world.
Self Employment Prospects
Being someone that invests in digital assets is a great way to work towards becoming self employed, as these digital properties can make considerable residual income overtime.
You may find that once you have enough successful digital real estate to your name, you’re able to work independently off of the digital properties you’re earning from.
Inexpensive to Begin
Investing in digital real estate can be an inexpensive investment, and really it’s a much as you want to put into it that matters.
Some people who are more cautious investors love this investment type as you can start off with smaller digital properties and work your way up.
That being said, if you’re someone that enjoys going all out with your investments then the sky really is the limit with digital too, it totally up to you.
More Scalable than Other Investment Opportunities
Once you begin to get the systems and processes right with your digital assets, this formula can be rinsed and repeated across all of your digital properties, and scaled to heights that other investment opportunities can’t reach.
It’s completely up to you how quickly you want this process to happen, though.
When Should I Buy Digital Real Estate?
Remember, procrastination is the thief of time where someone who continually puts things off ultimately achieves little.
If you are looking for investment opportunities you should be buying digital assets today.
“Do not wait to buy digital real estate, buy digital real estate and then wait”
As with all investments, nothing is guaranteed, but investing in digital real estate has certainly proven to be a viable source of wealth generation.
Year on year digital real estate is on an upward trajectory and the upward trends are going to continue for the next decade.
The positive trajectory asset price in 2022 is hitting a series of higher highs and higher lows and predictions suggest the sooner you can look to buy the better as the upward trend is set to continue month on month.
How much does digital real estate cost?
The costs of digital real estate could be as little as $9 for a domain name and then your personal time in building out the web pages.
On average the investment needed to buy a ready-made ranking website is approx $7000.
It has been known for some large affiliate websites to be sold for upwards of $25,000,000 so the prices can vary massively.
Unlike many other investments, you can get started in building out your digital real estate for free using web2.0 properties, social media platforms or creating free digital products.
Within our mindset meetups, we regularly talk about wasted time is worse than wasted money and if there is a way to fast track you to success or save you time by buying an existing digital real estate property we would always recommend this strategy.
How To Improve Digital Real Estate Websites?
Here are many ways to improve your digital asset real estate websites:
- Let it age (generally speaking the older a site is, the more trust it holds)
- Optimise existing content using tools like surfer SEO or marketmuse
- Carry out content expansion strategies to rank for Google Passage ranking
- Build tier two backlinks to your existing relevant links
- Build new guest post backlinks to your most important pages
- Purchase a social signal service from Signal Boy to improve trust factors
- Buy Wikipedia Backlinks from Wiki Wookiee to improve the trust in the website
- Improve silo structure and internal linking
- Run a technical SEO audit and fix all errors
- Buy the ranking blueprint SEO audit to analyse what areas of content you are lacking and also what backlinks your website is missing
- Improve CRO to get higher conversion rates from your traffic
Can Digital Real Estate Investing Be Dangerous?
As with all investments, nothing is guaranteed, but investing in digital real estate has certainly proven to be a viable source of wealth generation in May 2022.
Investors are always eager to invest money in upward trajectory trending industries, but what can you do if your digital real estate website starts a downhill trend?
Can You Recover Your Digital Real Estate Website From a Google Panda Penalty?
If you have invested money in a digital real estate website and been hit with a Panda Google Penalty you can certainly recover from the drop in rankings.
Panda Google penalties are all related to thin content web pages or lack of topical authority on a subject.
Here are several ways to recover your website from Google Panda Penalty:
- Run a Copyscape audit and edit all duplicated content as Google prefers uniqueness
- Run a Screaming Frog audit to fix your click depth through internal links
- Buy a Searcharoo Ranking Blueprint to give you a thorough content roadmap
- Export all keywords from Google Search Console (if restricted on export then use SEO Testing Tool) and load the list to Keyword Cupid to group keywords to match the search intent for each web page
- Write the pages it shows from Keyword Cupid to cover the topical models and get past the authority wall
- Get an editor to update all posts with a marketmuse optimisation and give the web pages a Content Freshness Update
- Create a Progressive Optimisation Content Plan as you should continuously improve old content to make current in May 2022
Recovering from Google Panda penalties can see your rankings dramatically jump in the SERPs and this is perfectly normal and known as the Google Dance.
Persistence is key in keep building up your topical authority to help you recover and bounce back from a dramatic drop in rankings.
Can You Recover Your Digital Real Estate Website From a Google Penguin Penalty?
Here are several ways to recover your website from Google Panda Penalty:
- Acquire new backlinks because old links suffer from backlink atrophy or your site might not have enough backlink power
- Acquire reverse sink or swim relevant guest post backlinks as your site might not have enough relevant backlinks
- Carry out a comprehensive disavow to remove all spammy backlinks pointing to your website
- Start to build your link velocity up using a professional link building agency
- Justification of backlinks is important to get some real social engagement from Signal Boy
- Having diverse backlink profiles is important so build business directories to get more naked URLs and nofollow backlinks
- Wikipedia links are part of the trusted weblink graph seed websites so buy some from Wiki Wookiee for trust signals
Recovering from Google Penguin penalties can take time and the main element of the work is the diversification of your backlink profile.
Usually a penguin penalty has been issued because the backlink profile has too many homepage links, over optimised anchor texts or hyperlinks are placed on high detox risk web pages.
The aim is to build a low detox risk score and high trust score for your backlinks pointing to your digital real estate website.
Were you surprised when we said: “Consumers think of McDonald’s as a burger restaurant, but in the business world, McDonald’s is considered a real estate company.”
Do you own the real estate in your industry or are you working on other properties you do not own?
When the property is not owned by yourself you seem to be held back with more questions by the owner – why, how, what, when and where.
Our lead generation model requires us to know how to rank and be ahead of the game when it comes to SEO strategies in May 2022.
If your SEO skills are not the best then this article is not for you because without rankings your digital real estate is worth zero.
But if you genuinely are advanced in search engine optimisation you really need to start considering investing and owning the digital real estate of websites.
Our aim to explain and educate from a basic level to an advanced on SEO and Social Media Marketing.