So we greet the New Year and we hear ‘this year is my year’.
People say ‘last year I was unlucky and now is my time to shine.’ But were you unlucky or did you suffer from this?
You hear and read stories of online entrepreneurs making seven figures being sat on the beach. You have a new idea to market weight loss tablets or sell amazon products.
Lets Be Honest With Your Expectations
This fatrank website is generally built for motivating my team and trying to be positive. The point is there has never been a better time in this world to be a millionaire and that is true. For more information on why I think this, read my article about how we are in the digital world where we can all start making money online.
However I just read a great status below from a good friend of mine on Facebook called Derrick Yazwa. He is a solid guy and have a lot of respect for him because he knows it is hard work, takes dedication and his knowledge on cryptocurrency is great. He presents the Chiang Mai conference where he does a mighty fine job if I do say so myself:
Just a little reminder to those of you trying to come up in the game and start your own business. Especially if you feel like everyone else is doing so well and you just can’t break through.
Probably 90% of the people you see online #CRUSHINGIT! are absolutely full of shit. They’re only showing you the best side of themselves on their IG and Snapchat. They rent their cars and Photoshop their earning reports.
They’re not showing you the actual struggle and reality that comes with building a business. They are not telling you about how many times they failed before they finally made $1, if they even have yet.
These people are only telling you the side of the story they want you to hear.
Like the dropshipping guru selling you a course about how he made 7 figures on his store. Well that’s nice, but $1m in a dropshipping store that makes 30% profit leaves you with $300k before taxes.
Enough to live a good life? Yeah. Better than working a job? You’re damn right. But do you see how you’re not getting the full story?
There is so much noise and bullshit in the internet marketing industry and you need to be hyper-aware of it. Don’t focus too much on the stories, look below the surface. The most important thing to take away from all of this is don’t compare yourself to others. Don’t think too much about trying to chase what others appear to have. Focus on becoming better each day and serving your customers.
When you find your success, be humble and get out there and help others find success as well. No one is gonna remember what car you drove when you’re gone. They’ll judge you by the value you provided while here.
I am all for writing my articles on thinking big and grafting as it can take you anywhere you want to be. But guys we need some realism mixed into this also. I did a blog on unrealistic goals from seo clients which you should read. It is all about taking small measured steps to reach your bigger dreams.
Dream long term about your perfect house and car. But take smaller steps to get there that are achievable. Like in Derrick’s status which is completely true, there are so many fake ads going around about how they have made millions. It is frustrating because then you get the millennials of today thinking they deserve to be earning that. Watch this video on the link which talks about how many folk nowadays just feel they should be successful without actually putting in the graft and hard work.
If you are considering setting up an online marketing company I would say 100% this is a great option for you. There is certainly a shortage of quality SEOs in the world in comparison to the demand for businesses who need this.
But does that mean it is easy – absolutely NOT!!
It is a struggle and you need to work your socks off to build your business.
Reasons Online Marketing is a Quality Trade To Learn
This fatrank blog talks about many aspects of SEO, affiliate and live goals. Here are some articles you should read on why I feel online marketing is a quality trade to learn:
Hopefully you will have a read of these and understand why I think this industry is unreal.
But I need to stress to you exactly like in the status above it is not all plain sailing and it does take a lot of training and hard work to build your company.
Help You Crushing It
So to get you started on scaling and crushing it, here are some other articles to read through when you get chance:
- Here is a basic introduction to SEO if you are unsure what it entails.
- Scaling is key. You need to read this article on delegation to work on your business and not in the business.
- Delegating means you need to hire technicians which can be in-house or you can read this about hiring virtual assistants to scale.
- Scaling will encounter problems but this article shows how you need to be positive to all your problems.
- Creating a team can be difficult but building a team is key to you scaling your websites.
- Network loads and be willing to help others because synergy is the key to success.
- Have clear goals to work with the end in mind so you have direction.
How to make Money Online
If you are wondering how to start out your SEO career and all you know is that you want to make money online, then make sure to follow these steps:
- Research your niche
- Look out for competitors – see what they are doing, see if it is possible to outrank them
- Buy a website url
- Create the very best content and images to put on your site
- Build links to the site
- Engage on all social profiles
- Make sure your site is user friendly and has plenty of call to actions
If you learn more about SEO prior to starting up, you will be well on your way to earning some extra cash.
Tips on Mistakes I Have Made Previously
Over the years I have wasted sooooo much money and time. I mean millions and years of training which the teachers were simply regurgitating. Here are some to consider:
- There are so many courses out there to learn SEO but this is the best seo course in my opinion to date.
- Strategies will need to change and you need to deal with it instead of moaning about what used to work.
- You need to enjoy the journey as building your online business should be fun so do not just waste your life working but enjoy the whole journey.
- Stay clear of pyramid marketing schemes as these generally are scams and you earn money from the weak which I do not like.
- Treasure your time more. I am firm believer wasted time is worse than wasted money so whatever hourly rate you think you are worth, treble it.
- When looking to work out your SEO costs and quotes, always allow for much more time than you think it will take.
If it Sounds too Good to be True it Usually is
If something sounds like an offer you cannot refuse then have a think about whether this is a scam or not first. There is so much noise and bullshit in the internet marketing industry and you need to be hyper-aware of it.
Don’t get caught up in the stories, look below the surface. The most important thing to take away from all of this is don’t compare yourself to others. Don’t stress yourself out trying to chase what others appear to have. They’re not showing you the actual struggle and reality that comes with building a business. They’re not telling you about how many times they failed before they finally made $1.
Conclusion to Making Money Online
Looking to make money online can be easy. But too many nowadays post false earnings.
Too many post incorrect ads to get the clicks like push button rankings and make it sound easier than what it is.
I have written articles saying making money online is easy but this is only if you are willing to put the hard work in initially to learn the trade.
Like any trade you need to learn and develop your skills first before considering making millions because it is an art to rank websites.
I want you to make this year your year. I want you to be successful.
But to do this you need to take massive determined action and be willing to develop everyday.
Hit me up with your success stories or where you are struggling and I will happily help or praise your work. Peace and all the best.
All Entrepreneurship Related Posts
Check out the in-depth list of entrepreneurship posts.
- Ben Proctor - The Digital Workshop
- Be Positive To All Your Problems
- Can I Interview You To Share on My Podcast and Social Media?
- David Goggins
- Death By A Thousand Cuts
- Digital Nomad Life Lessons
- Elliot Preston - The Digital Workshop
- Encourage Learning In The Workplace
- Entering Entrepreneurship - The Digital Workshop
- Facts About Entrepreneur
- FightMediocrity Review
- Flow State Of Mind - How To Stay Focused?
- Invest Into Digital Assets
- Live The Moment - It Is All About The Journey Not The Outcome
- Living a Laptop Lifestyle
- Make Money Online - Are You Crushing It?
- Money Vs Happiness
- Move With The Times - DEAL WITH IT
- The Change House Model - Get On The Foooking Roof
- The World Is My Office
- The Digital World
- TAKE ACTION - You Create Your Own Luck
- Work Life Integration
- Work Smarter Not Harder
- Work With The End In Mind
- Wasted Time is Worse Than Wasted Money
- Why Networking is Vitally Important
- You Don't Know What You Don't Know
- Your Brain is Your Bitch
- Road to Failure - Lame Excuse "Too Busy"
- Real Entrepreneurs Stay Clear of Multi-Level Marketing
- James Z Dooley – SEO Enthusiast Introduction
The full list shows the entrepreneurship articles to help you widen your knowledge.
- 1 Lets Be Honest With Your Expectations
- 2 Realistic Goals
- 3 Setting Up
- 4 Reasons Online Marketing is a Quality Trade To Learn
- 5 Help You Crushing It
- 6 How to make Money Online
- 7 Tips on Mistakes I Have Made Previously
- 8 If it Sounds too Good to be True it Usually is
- 9 Conclusion to Making Money Online
- 10 All Entrepreneurship Related Posts