Why Become an SEO?
I often get asked what my job title is and most of the time I struggle to answer this question.
This is because so many different professions in our trade call themselves SEO gurus, online marketers, digital nomads, digital marketing experts, growth hackers, and many more job descriptions.
SEO stands for Seach Engine Optimisation.
In a nutshell, I help commercial businesses generate more leads and gain exposure in as many areas as possible. The benefits are endless and I love being an SEO or whatever else you might want to call it.
Let me explain why I feel SEO is the best job in the world.
- 1. Job Satisfaction
- 2. Not Location-Dependent
- 3. Growing Industry
- 4. Profits Can Be Unlimited
- 5. Flexible Working Hours
- 6. Most Searched For Skill
- 7. You Don’t Need to Meet a Single Client in Person
- 8. Never Run Out of Potential Clients
- 9. Your Revenue Can Be Made Totally Passive
- 10. The SEO Community
- Why Become an SEO: Round-Up
- All SEO Related Posts
1. Job Satisfaction
A huge benefit of being an SEO is job satisfaction. You are constantly working with businesses in helping them grow their profits. If you are good at what you do then you can make masses companies of all sizes a lot of profit.
The success is hugely rewarding because your clients are constantly contacting to thank you and recommending to their friends and family. Clients can become quite reliant on you which in effect means great working relationships formed and even great friendships. Seeing companies thrive from your input is very rewarding.
Making money online by helping these businesses with SEO is certainly not the same as multi-level marketing. In my eyes, Multi-Level Marketing aka MLM is manipulating people into a pyramid sales scheme in which they don’t understand and in the long run, many people lose out on this. To read about the difference on MLM and SEO click the link for more details. The job satisfaction of being an SEO is certainly a feeling of fulfilment or enjoyment that a person derives from their job. Through being in this specialist niche you feel these rewards daily.
2. Not Location-Dependent
You can travel anywhere in the world and as long as you have a laptop and internet you can work. This gives you freedom and flexibility as there’s no need to rent an office or commute to work every day. You can work from home or even as you travel around the world.
It is totally up to you and your schedule, but you need to make sure you are putting the hours in if you want to get real results back. This kind of lifestyle is often referred to as a Digital Nomad way of living, you can see more about this here. Many people enjoy being able to work like this when it is convenient for them with no limitations or restrictions form others.
3. Growing Industry
The SEO business is constantly growing as new developments come about in online marketing. Google updates its ranking algorithms frequently, meaning new strategies are needed. There are now more searches and more users of search engines than ever before. As a result of this, the demand for conquering this market is massive.
So many people now take to Google before buying products and looking for services. There are so many ways for businesses to generate profits from this. The number of companies moving online to sell products or market themselves is also on the rise. From this, it is giving even more opportunities to digital marketers.
Traditional advertising methods are becoming less popular and less powerful with many businesses trying to keep up with the online world. You can see more about the growth of SEO as an industry in this blog post if you are interested in reading more. Getting a job in the SEO niche gives you plenty of room to develop and advance in the future. The strategies are changing almost every day so there is plenty to learn.
4. Profits Can Be Unlimited
There is no cap on what you can earn. The more you work the more you will earn, especially with the industry is growing every year. There are not enough marketers for the demand of work so prices you can charge customers can be big profits. This kind of skill and expertise is in such high demand from so many companies. Because of this, there are plenty of opportunities to make very good through SEO and digital marketing. Being able to bring in leads and increase profits for a wide range of businesses is a priceless service to offer. So you’ll be sure to see the benefits if you put the work in.
5. Flexible Working Hours
Seo enables you to work whatever hours you want and from whatever location you are in the world. This flexibility makes it easy to learn and grow your skills in your own time when it’s convenient. Workaround your own lifestyle and your family to make your daily tasks easier to manage.
Let me Break This List Up With a Mindset Section – If you are reading this and thinking “WOW! This is a dream job because I can make money while sitting on the beach drinking mojitos and get rich quick,” then this article might not be for you, but you seriously need the right mindset from the start, which I believe is to be willing to work hard and take action to make this happen. You need to learn a lot and understand the niche first before just going out delegating all your work to staff overseas and not knowing what you are paying for.
Please read this article here – You Create Your Own Luck By Taking Massive Determined Action because it is amazing how many people say ‘you are so lucky.’ But my response to that is “It is amazing that the harder I work the luckier I seem to get.” You need to be willing to put the time in and do not get stuck in the cycle of ‘Analysis Paralysis’. This is the state of over-analysing (or over-thinking) a situation so that a decision or action is never taken, in effect paralysing the outcome. Start taking massive determined action today and if you need to improve your SEO knowledge or are looking to start out in this industry then read through this website to enhance your knowledge.
6. Most Searched For Skill
For business owners and recruitment companies, the most searched for skill globally is SEO. The demand for SEO is so huge and the number of marketers cannot keep up with this demand. There are not enough people trained in this field to cover the demands of businesses all over the world. Having this knowledge gives you a valuable service which you can provide for any company that wants to increase sales.
If a business wants to grow and be more successful, owners need to be looking into new ways of marketing in order to boost sales and bring in more clients. With in-depth knowledge of Google ranking strategies, you’ll be in a position to fill this need and work within many industries. The digital marketing world is constantly expanding which means there is always a demand for online marketing services.
7. You Don’t Need to Meet a Single Client in Person
You can deal with all your clients remotely from anywhere in the world. Connecting with Skype, email and many CRM systems which are now available means you can get clients from anywhere in the world. They don’t just have to be within your local town. Because your work is so accessible from wherever you are, this gives you even more opportunity to expand who you work with. There is no need to go out and meet with clients to explain what is being done each month. You can simply work from your own schedule, delegate out certain tasks and customise everything to how you want.
8. Never Run Out of Potential Clients
There are 118 new websites coming online every minute, so that’s 7083 new websites every single hour. Putting that into a daily amount, that is 170,000 new websites every single day entering the internet. So that is potentially 170,000 new clients you could go after to provide them with a service. The vast majority of new and existing companies will be looking for ways to get more customers and ultimately make more sales and profit. If you have enough knowledge of SEO strategies to be able to provide these leads, you will become valuable to lots of businesses.
There are so many different niches and markets available, with new ones being created every day. These all open up opportunities with companies who need to increase their sales but are unsure of how to go about digital marketing and don’t know where to start. You can provide an effective service which helps them to become more successful and generate better profits.
9. Your Revenue Can Be Made Totally Passive
I am a massive advocate for outsourcing your work. Here is a great article about hiring virtual assistants to help you grow your company. Therefore you could potentially have a team of staff employed anywhere in the world completing your services so you can relax. The amount of SEO outsourcing agencies are endless and delegating this work is key to success. So let’s say you decided to visit the popular website Upwork and you posted a job there. On average they say the estimated amount of replies is 41 applicants saying they can fulfil the job role you need completing.
Having such a large amount of skilled workers available makes it easier for you to scale up your work. This is because you are not just depending on what you can do in a day. As long as you set up Standard Operating Procedures for each task that you need doing, assistants from all over the world can work for you and make the whole process much quicker.
10. The SEO Community
WOW guys the SEO community is something else. I have made so many great friends and treat them now as part of my extended family. We travel regularly to meet up and the community is the best I have ever come across. Sharing knowledge, ideas and helping each other is such a great feeling. You will always come across people who can teach you things and vice versa.
I personally love the definition of Synergy where two heads are always better than one as you can bring more ideas to the table. In the world of SEO, networking is vitally important because it’s very difficult to come up with all of the answers and ideas by yourself. Talking with people about their different experiences and strategies they have tried can benefit you both.
Why Become an SEO: Round-Up
Since I became a digital nomad I have learned so many life lessons. Here is an article with regards to digital nomad life lessons that runs through everything I have learned while working in SEO and traveling the world.
If you want to travel and make money online or build a large SEO agency then you really need to understand the huge benefits of delegation because you need to outsource the work to technicians to allow you to be the online entrepreneur to grow your earnings.
All SEO Related Posts
Check out the in-depth list of SEO posts.
- 3k ODYS Gambling Site Live Case Study
- A Fair Comparison Between SEO Crawlers: JetOctopus and Screaming Frog
- Accidental Keywords
- Accuranker Review
- Addiction Treatment SEO Services
- Advanced Reddit SEO Guide
- Aged Domain Case Study
- Ahrefs Review - Best SEO Tool
- AI Copywriting Software
- AI in SEO
- AutoSuggest.Me Review
- AwayGrounds ODYS Live Case Study
- Babylon Traffic Review
- Bad Links - Identifying Toxic Backlinks
- Best AI SEO Tools - Get to the Top of Google Results
- Best Freelancer Marketplace
- Best Keyword Research Technique
- Best Rank Tracking Tools
- Best SEO Training Course Online
- Biggest SEO Knowledge Bombs
- Brand SERP SEO
- Brand SERPs Course
- Calculate Your Organic SEO CTR Manipulation
- Clearscope Review
- Cluster AI Review
- Co-Occurrence SEO
- Cognitive SEO Review
- Common Issues During Server Log Analysis
- Content Briefs
- Content Cannibalisation Google Penalty
- Content Expansion
- Content Plan Roadmap
- Content Pruning Case Study
- Content Strategist
- Content Team
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- ConversionAI Review
- Costs of SEO Services for Businesses
- CTR Geeks Course
- Custom Regex In Google Search Console
- DDD Podcast
- Diib Review
- DO NOT SAY You Got To Test It
- EEAT Quality Rater Guidelines
- EEAT SEO
- Engagement Rank - SEO Click Through Rate Traffic
- Expired Domains Aftermarket
- Explanation to Jumps in SERPs
- Featured Snippets
- Fiverr Freelancer Marketplace Review
- Focus Keyphrase
- Frase Review
- Freelancer.Com Review
- Future Tense Anchor Text SEO Technique
- Gambling Backlinks
- GeneratePress Review
- Getting Featured in Google News
- GMB Everywhere Review
- Google Bot Crawl Budget Optimisation
- Google Dance Algorithm Examples
- Google Fresh Content Ranking Factor
- Google My Business SEO Case Study
- Google Ranking Dropped Dramatically? - How To Recover
- Grammarly Review
- GROW FLOW – Surfer’s AI Growth Management Platform
- Hemingway App Review
- Heropost Review
- Holistic SEO
- How I Became a Digital Nomad
- How Often Does Google Crawl Your Site?
- How to Do Affiliate Marketing on Twitter the Right Way
- How to Improve Google Search Results
- How to Maximise Your Instagram Account
- How to Scale Website Content With SEO Writers?
- iGaming SEO
- Impressionz Review
- Information Gain SEO
- Internal Linking SEO Case Study
- Introduction to Search Engine Optimisation
- Is Linking Out Useful For SEO?
- Is SEO Dead
- IT IS ONLY A PROBLEM, WHEN IT IS A PROBLEM - AND THEN IT IS TOO LATE
- JetOctopus Review
- Keyword Chef Review
- Keyword Clustering
- Keyword Cupid Review
- Konker Freelancer Marketplace Review
- LeadSnap Review: The Ultimate Rank & Rent Tool for SEOs and Marketers
- Legiit Freelancer Marketplace Review
- Link Building Case Study
- LinkedIn Prospecting Guide
- Linkio WP Roundup Lists Plugin Review
- Listicle Roundup SEO
- Local Falcon Review
- Local Viking Review
- Magic Page Plugin Review
- Marketing Miner
- MarketMuse Review
- Mass Page Builder
- Maximise your Pinterest Profile
- Maximise Your Tumblr Profile
- Morningscore Review
- My Content Pal Review
- Negative SEO Case Study
- NitroPack Review
- Omega Indexer
- On Page SEO Case Study
- On-Page.ai Review
- One Page For One Corpus
- Online Reputation Management
- OnPage Content Latent Semantic Indexing
- Onpage SEO Content Checklist
- Organic SEO vs PPC vs Hybrid
- OutRanking Review
- Page ReWriter Review
- Passage Ranking
- People Per Hour Freelancer Marketplace Review
- Personalized Google Search Results
- Pro Rank Tracker Review
- Progressive Content Optimisation SEO
- Quillbot Review
- Rank and Rent Case Study
- Rate My Business Review
- Reputation Management Agencies
- Reviews To Improve Your Online Reputation
- Rytr AI Writer Review
- SE ranking review
- Search Engine Manipulation Effect
- Search Engines
- Search Intent
- Searcharoo Review
- Semrush Review
- SEO Beginners Work Experience
- SEO Case Studies
- SEO Client Referral
- SEO Clients Unrealistic Goals
- SEO Content Audit Guide
- SEO Content Optimization Tools
- SEO Content Writers
- SEO For Accountants
- SEO For Boiler Companies
- SEO For Debt Help Companies
- SEO For Dentists
- SEO For Images - Visual Search Ranking Factors
- SEO For Insulation Companies
- SEO For Mortgage Brokers
- SEO For Solar Companies
- SEO for Solicitors, Barristers & Law Firms
- SEO Hidden Agenda
- SEO Mastermind Work Retreats
- SEO PowerSuite Review
- SEO Testing Review
- SEOClerks Freelancer Marketplace Review
- Serpstat Review
- SerpWatch Review
- SERPWoo Review
- Signal Boy To Increase Real Social Signals
- Social Media Management Tools
- SparkTraffic Review
- Striking Distance Keywords
- Surfer Local Review
- Surfer SEO Review
- Technical SEO Checklist
- Text Structure
- TF-IDF SEO: What Is It & How To Use It?
- The Future of SEO - Effective Frequency
- The Guide To YouTube SEO Ranking
- The Three Search Engine Keyword Types
- Tips For Optimising Your Images for Technical SEO
- Tools to Assist Your GMB Local SEO
- Topical Authority Case Study
- Topical Authority Semantic SEO Course
- Topical SEO - Create Supporting Articles
- Traffic Delivery Network via Social Media
- Triggering Google Suggests
- Twitter Moments
- Ultimate Guide to GMB SEO
- Upwork Freelancer Marketplace Review
- Vettted Freelancer Marketplace Review
- Video Veggie Review
- Web Copy Masterclass Review
- Website Architecture
- Website Content Uploader
- What Industries Need SEO the Most?
- What Should I Do After a Google Algorithm Update or Google Organic Traffic Drop?
- Whatsmyserp Review
- Why Become an SEO?
- Why Do Relationships Between SEOs and Clients Fail?
- Wildcards in Google Search: Everything You Need to Know
- Wincher Review
The full list shows the various SEO strategies to help your online marketing knowledge grow fast in October 2023.
Our aim to explain and educate from a basic level to an advanced on SEO and Social Media Marketing.