00:00 – Hi. It’s Dan here, and today I’m just going to be doing a very quick link audit on the website SEO21. I’m going to be looking at a keyword that they would like to rank for and seeing what we feel it could be improved just with a few little tweaks and little changes, and look at some of the data that exists and see what other sites are doing around that keyword.
00:19 – If we just head to Ahrefs over here. You’ll see that I’ve actually searched for the key phrase “SEO outsourcing UK.” So, obviously that’s companies that are looking to outsource their SEO products or services within the United Kingdom to other companies, other businesses, individuals, that kind of thing. This is a very relevant keyword for a site like SEO21 to be wanting to rank for.
00:38 – You’ll see there in the results page that SEO21 actually ranks number five, so it’s not doing terribly, but obviously there are sites that are outranking it, and we found kind of a correlation of why we feel that is the case.
00:51 – So, if we just take a little look here, the very first thing that we’ll notice on this right-hand side is the backlink section. The backlink section here, if I just hover over the ‘i,’ literally as it says it shows how many backlinks are pointing to a given URL. So, in this case, it’s the URLs over here over the left-hand side. So, if you look SEO21 there, this SEO21UK/white label SEO, which obviously is the SEO outsourcing UK page that they’re trying to rank for, currently has no backlinks going to that page. Obviously whilst it’s a relevant page that the keyword looks to rank for, it doesn’t quite carry any authority when there’s nothing going to it.
Whereas, if you have a look at the sites that are outranking it, number four there is the series outsourcing URL. They have three backlinks. Click through is obviously SEO outsourcing for agencies. That’s six backlinks. Number two here, SEO outsourcing has 58 backlinks. And then finally, as SEOoutsource.co.uk has the exact same URL obviously, so maybe you can count that as the same thing, but regardless, a lot of backlinks going to their pages, and that’s why there’s such an authority in the niche.
01:54 – Then obviously those underneath with six and three, they have some backlinks and they have some power that goes to the URL, whereas currently SEO21 just doesn’t have any backlinks going to it, so there’s nothing really, you know, nothing there that’s really helping it.
02:07 – So, my first bit of advice for this site would be to have some good backlinks going, obviously, through to this page, just to add that bit of power because right now it’s kind of a weak link in relation to the other people in the industry.
02:22 – The second thing I wanted to mention was about relevancy links. So, this is obviously very important. So, I went to SEO21.co.uk’s home page here. Just an example of some of the linkings to the home page, you can see that there really isn’t relevancy. It’s all … None of these links is marketing related, they’re not business-related, nothing really related to the topic of what they’re trying to rank for And that’s just going to the home page itself. So, as you can see, you’ve got kind of a therapy site, physiotherapy site, physio, etc., Google Plus, a lot of foreign text here. I’m sorry, foreign URLs. So, there really isn’t much in the way of relevancy, and that obviously carries through over here to the inner pages where there are no backlinks going to the first place. So, if there are no backlinks, there’s obviously no relevant backlinks.
03:07 – So, what I would recommend there, just going to hone in on, as I said, those kinds of business, those marketing type of links you can kind of pick up to your website that will just help with that bit of relevancy and tell you what this URL or this inner page is really about. Because currently there are no real guidelines telling Google that this URL is about outsourcing UK. Other than the concept you created, there are no backlinks to support that. There’s no marketing or business-specific backlinks going to that URL.
03:36 – So, for this specific keyword, I definitely recommend obviously some more backlinks going to that URL and also just some really relevant backlinks going to that URL, as well, making sure that whatever you’re building isn’t particularly off-topic or irrelevant, just making sure that the relevancy is really the focus and getting good marketing and business type of blogs or sites to link to you. That’d be the best thing, I think, especially to help with this kind of key phrase.
04:01 – So, that’s the audit, guys. Thanks for watching. See you guys later.
This website suffers from two problems when it comes to link building, which is explained below in more detail:
The two articles above explain the topics in a lot more detail and will give you a solid understanding of the way to go to solve the issues.
For SEO21’s website, we would recommend the following services/steps to ensure a positive change in their ranking:
- Try and look for guest posts that are relevant to your niche.
- Have a look at getting some tier two links to juice up your existing backlinks
- Diversify link profile adding blog comments, citations, PBNs and some niche edit links
- Think about buying some social blasts to pages which have zero social signals.
Once these steps have been completed, make sure that you wait a few weeks as the random ranking factor will be in effect.
When a few weeks have passed and the ranking has improved, then we would recommend focussing more heavily on other keywords you wish to rank for.
All Link Building Related Posts
Check out the in-depth list of link building posts.
- Aberdeen SEO Link Building Agency
- Agency Backlinks With James Gregory
- Birmingham SEO Link Building Agency
- Blackpool SEO Link Building Agency
- Bradford SEO Link Building Agency
- Brighton SEO Link Building Agency
- Bristol SEO Link Building Agency
- Cardiff SEO Link Building Agency
- Coventry SEO Link Building Agency
- Cybersquatting - Stay Clear of Trademark Domains
- DFY Link Testimony | Link Building Recommendation
- Dundee SEO Link Building Agency
- Falkirk SEO Link Building Agency
- Guest Post Guide
- How Building Citations Can Improve Your Link Building
- Is a Mention as Powerful as a Backlink?
- Leeds SEO Link Building Agency
- Leicester SEO Link Building Agency
- Link Building Agency
- Link Juice Backlinks Guide
- Link Whisper Review
- LinkResearchTools Review
- Liverpool SEO Link Building Agency
- London SEO Link Building Agency
- Manchester SEO Link Building Agency
- Newcastle SEO Link Building Agency
- Niche Edit Contextual Backlinks
- Norwich SEO Link Building Agency
- Not Enough Backlinks
- Not Enough Relevant Backlinks
- Omega Indexer
- Oxford SEO Link Building Agency
- Plymouth SEO Link Building Agency
- Press Release Service
- Preston SEO Link Building Agency
- SEO Backlink Audit - Soft Surfaces
- SEO Backlink Audit – Advansys Website Design
- SEO Backlink Audit – Boomtown Bingo
- SEO Backlink Audit – HLR LOOKUP
- SEO Backlink Audit – SEO21
- SEO Backlink Audit – WJ UK
- Sheffield SEO Link Building Agency
- Sunderland SEO Link Building Agency
- Swansea SEO Link Building Agency
- The Acquisition Link Building Method
- The Auto Disavow Headfuck
- Too Many Homepage Links
- Too Many Low Quality Backlinks
- UK SEO Domains by Premium Domain Names
- Wiki Wookiee Review
- York SEO Link Building Agency
- Checking for a Perfect SEO Link Profile
- Silo Structure Internal Linking
- Blog Commenting Advanced Guide For SEO
- How To Get Links From Wikipedia
- Ranking Using Distances in Web-Link Graph
- Creating Your SEO Link Building Team In House
- SEO Link Building – What You Should Demand
- Using Broken Link Building for SEO
The full list shows the various backlink strategies for ranking higher in Google SERPs.