Dan decides to take a look at the Advansys’ website on today’s link audit and his findings will reveal why the site isn’t ranking for the keywords that they want to. Check it out below:
00:01 – Hi, you guys. It’s Dan here. I’m just creating the quick link audit video today for this website, Advansys. They offer a lot of digital services, as you can see, one of which being Website Design Wilmslow. Basically, I’m going to take you through why we feel it may not be ranking as high as it could be for that key-phrase on Google itself.
Video Audit: Ahrefs
00:16 – So, as you can see with the homepage, it’s well optimized for the key-phrase, it has a lot of content regarding Wilmslow Web Design, Web Design Wilmslow, et cetera. So all that’s absolutely fine, but when we plug the keyword into Ahrefs here, as you can see, it gets 40 clicks per month, which is buying in 10 keyword, which is quite good, and quite a low key-word difficulty, so we felt that it was something that they could be able to rank for with a little bit of ease, really, if they just did a few simple little tweaks.
00:40 – We scroll down here, we can see that it’s actually ranking number six there. So it’s not ranking in a terrible position, but if you have a look at the competitors, we’ll see that there is room for improvement for that site. And we’ll go through that now.
00:50 – So essentially, if I go to these tabs here, backlinks and domains, these essentially refer to how many backlinks, from how many referring domains are going through to that exact URL. So in this case, it’s advansys.com/websitedesignwilmslow, which is the site that they’re probably trying to rank for, for that key-phrase.
01:06 – You can see from a lot of the competitors here, you have some sites with a lot of backlinks from a lot of a lot other domains going to them, but unfortunately for advansys.com, there’s actually no backlinks from no referring domains currently going to that site. So that’s kind of probably holding it back for this key-phrase quite a bit. Which is even more of a shame when you consider the fact that it’s DR 70, so it’s a very strong domain, Advasys, and probably one that with a few links to that actual inner page here, would definitely bump it up probably to position two, three. That kind of thing. Especially, considering you’ve got a DR 66 here trying to rank for the same thing with no backlinks. A little bit of push will probably push up to at least that position three, really probably position two.
Video Audit: No Relevant Links
01:43 – So the first thing we’d advise is obviously to build some backlinks to this actual URL here, but we’d probably also recommend you to build some relevant backlinks too, because a lot of people see competitor’s backlinks and they think, “Oh, this person has two or three backlinks. I’m going to match them with that”, and they get so caught up in the numbers, or referring domains for example, that they forget about the quality backlinks that they’re trying to actually build. And in this sense, what they should really be doing is thinking, “We need some quality backlinks from some quality referring domains that are really relevant to our key-phrase”. So in this case, if it’s Web Design Wilmslow, you can get things kind of digital or technology-related.
That’s perfect because obviously, it’s on a topic to what you’re trying to rank for and Google will correlate that kind of key-phrases with obviously what key-phrases you’re trying to rank for and there’ll be a match there.
02:25 – Whereas if you’re getting backlinks from places that are completely irrelevant, then Google won’t piece them together like that. So I’d say that’s the best thing for you guys to do, is build some more backlinks and some more domains and make sure that they’re really relevant.
More Video Audit: No Relevant Links
02:37 – The final thing we’re going to do here, is I’m going to put this URL itself into the social links checker here. So what this does is it checks how many, basically, social signals are pointing to this exact URL. When we load that one in, as you can see, there are zero social signals as well. So it’s another example of giving Google a little bit of social proof and pushing some social signals to this website to basically say people are talking about it, people are discussing it. Gives you that little bit more authority for the key-phrase you’re trying to rank for, as opposed to having absolutely nothing. And it also diversifies your link profile a little bit too.
03:08 – So that’s pretty much it, guys. I’d probably say for this URL, build some more backlinks and some referring domains. Ensure that they’re relevant and obviously, build some social signals probably too, to just give Google that bit of diversity that it needs. Thanks a lot, guys, and I’ll see you in a bit.
The video above has shown a lot of link problems that this website is suffering from and by fixing them, it can help with improving the website’s rank in Google rankings.
The two problems that this site suffers from are quite common but if not acted upon, they can hold it back from achieving a high rank. These are:
We would recommend that you have a read of these two articles if you’re not too sure about what these two mean as more knowledge of these areas will help a lot.
After reviewing the problems and the site, we would recommend a common solution that can easily be resolved:
- Purchase some niche relevant guest posts.
- Definitely look at getting some social signals packages for your social mediums.
- Aim to get some high-quality links to promote your site as one of authority.
When these steps are carried out, don’t be worried if your site doesn’t rank instantly. This is due to how Google has implemented a random ranking factor mechanic, so it may take a few weeks till you see your site ranking up high.
If you want more information about solving these issues or want to enquire about getting your FREE link audit, then comment below with your name and email and we’ll be more than happier to help out.
All Link Building Related Posts
Check out the in-depth list of link building posts.
- Aberdeen SEO Link Building Agency
- Agency Backlinks With James Gregory
- Birmingham SEO Link Building Agency
- Blackpool SEO Link Building Agency
- Bradford SEO Link Building Agency
- Brighton SEO Link Building Agency
- Bristol SEO Link Building Agency
- Buy Niche Edits Wholesale Backlinks
- Cardiff SEO Link Building Agency
- Coventry SEO Link Building Agency
- Cybersquatting - Stay Clear of Trademark Domains
- DFY Link Testimony | Link Building Recommendation
- Dundee SEO Link Building Agency
- Falkirk SEO Link Building Agency
- Guest Post Guide
- How Building Citations Can Improve Your Link Building
- Is a Mention as Powerful as a Backlink?
- Leeds SEO Link Building Agency
- Leicester SEO Link Building Agency
- Link Building Agency
- Link Juice Backlinks Guide
- Link Whisper Review
- Liverpool SEO Link Building Agency
- London SEO Link Building Agency
- Manchester SEO Link Building Agency
- Newcastle SEO Link Building Agency
- Niche Edit Contextual Backlinks
- Norwich SEO Link Building Agency
- Not Enough Backlinks
- Not Enough Relevant Backlinks
- Oxford SEO Link Building Agency
- Plymouth SEO Link Building Agency
- Press Release Service
- Preston SEO Link Building Agency
- SEO Backlink Audit - Soft Surfaces
- SEO Backlink Audit – Advansys Website Design
- SEO Backlink Audit – Boomtown Bingo
- SEO Backlink Audit – HLR LOOKUP
- SEO Backlink Audit – SEO21
- SEO Backlink Audit – WJ UK
- Sheffield SEO Link Building Agency
- Sunderland SEO Link Building Agency
- Swansea SEO Link Building Agency
- The Acquisition Link Building Method
- The Auto Disavow Headfuck
- Too Many Homepage Links
- Too Many Low Quality Backlinks
- York SEO Link Building Agency
- Checking for a Perfect SEO Link Profile
- Silo Structure Internal Linking
- Blog Commenting Advanced Guide For SEO
- How To Get Links From Wikipedia
- Creating Your SEO Link Building Team In House
- SEO Link Building – What You Should Demand
- Using Broken Link Building for SEO
The full list shows the various backlink strategies for ranking higher in Google SERPs.