When performing the Link Audit, Dan found some interesting things about the website and more information on why they might not be ranking. Watch the video below for more information and to see what the findings were.
00:00 – Hey, guys. It’s Dan here and I’m just creating another link order video today for the website Boomtown Bingo. These guys are kind of a gambling affiliate. They work in the bingo industry, the slots industry, the casino industry, all that kind of stuff. Just kind of gambling and betting in general.
Today we’re going to be looking mainly at their 40 free spins page, which we’ve got up here. So obviously having a quick look at the page, you can see it’s the keywords throughout the page, it’s optimised well for the key phrase, but again we’ve found a correlation yet again with another site where we feel as though the things that are ranking in that top 10 positions, specifically up there in the top 10, are doing things a little bit differently with the off-page than probably Boomtown is, and that’s where really Boomtown could lift their rankings up for this key phrase. I’m going to show you that now.
Video Audit: Ahrefs
00:44 – I’m going to Ahrefs here, as you can see I’ve entered in ’40 free spins, no deposit’, which is a key phrase that they’re trying to rank for and it’s a money intent key phrase, it’s someone who’s looking for that service. Then obviously you’ve got the search volume here, which is 60, so it gets a good amount of search per month.
It’s a very easy keyword to rank for according to Ahrefs, and we’re just going to have a little look why we feel Boomtown isn’t quite pushing for those rankings as of right now. If we scroll down here, and I’ll leave it in the top 10 there, you can see that the top 10 that are ranking there, majoritively you can see down on this right-hand side here on the backlinks tab, if I just hover over that it will show you that it’s showing how many backlinks are pointing to a given URL. As you can see, if you go down, there’s a lot of backlinks that are going to these sites in the top 10.
01:27 – Majoritively, more so than none, there are some links pointing to the inner pages, and that we feel is really helping these sites to rank in that position. Whereas with Boomtown, we scroll down to the bottom here, we can see that it’s position number 33, so it’s quite far down, and despite having quite a good domain rank, meaning that the actual website has a lot of authority, the UR rank itself is only a nine.
01:48 – That obviously correlates to the fact that there’s absolutely nothing going to that site. Whereas, if you have a look back at the top 10 again, just as some examples, you’ve got URs of 17 here, URs of 10, URs of 11, et cetera. There’s a little bit more UR, but the reason for that is again because there are backlinks pointing to these URLs, which is how you actually improve your UR rank.
02:12 – UR rank is just a metric that they show to kind of say how powerful is that specific URL, and obviously in Boomtown’s case down here, we’re number 33, it really isn’t that powerful despite the domain being powerful. Something that a lot of site owners do is they kind of get caught up in thinking, “We have a powerful domain, we have the keyword in the title, it should be ranking.” Yes, they’re good ranking factors, they’re important, but if there are no links going to the website, as there isn’t here, then the UR rank is going to fall and Google isn’t going to see that page as an authority for that key phase.
02:41 – My first bit of advice for this URL specifically to rank for this key phrase is simply to just build more backlinks to that actual page itself, to improve your UR as well as obviously your DR being good. It’s that combination of the two.
Video Audit: No Relevant Links
2:54 – Secondly with this key phrase that we feel is really important, is when you’re building these links to this key phrase you have to make sure that they’re relevant. You have to make sure that they’re in the niche. They can’t just be, “Oh, you know, our competitor has five or six backlinks to their inner page, we need to build six or seven.” That’s a good approach, but you want to have that mentality coupled with, “We want to make sure that those links are relevant to our niche or to our keyword that we’re trying to rank for.”
03:18 – In this case, again, we’ve spoken about it, it’s about gambling, so it can kind of move into the business sector, it can move into just gambling on its own, casinos, et cetera, all that kind of stuff that’s relevant to this key phrase of 40 free spins with no deposit slots, which is what they’re trying to rank for. You wouldn’t want to have backlinks going to your inner page that were irrelevant, because generally, that doesn’t really give you the power that you need.
You do need that quantity with the quality combination. So again, we’d advise Boomtown Bingo to, at least for their inner pages, to build more relevant links on top of just more links to their inner pages alone. I feel like with a key phrase like this, if you were to actually actively do that, you’d see improvements relatively quickly if you just stuck by those two rules. So that’s kind of it guys for this one, thanks for watching and I’ll see you guys later.
As the video has shown, this website, in particular, needs quite a lot of attention (link wise) to help it keep improving in google rankings.
This site has two link problems that we could find, which are most likely holding back the site from achieving high rankings in Google. These include:
Check out these articles if you wish to learn more about each of the problems and how they affect your rankings.
For this site, we would suggest the following actions:
- Gaining niche relevant posts from QOQ links website
- Invest in getting some social signal packages
- Try and get some high-quality links to give your site some more authority
- Diversify link profile adding directories, PBNs and some niche edit contextual links
When these steps have been carried out, you may have to wait a few weeks till the site starts to increase in ranking due to how Google has implemented the random ranking factor to try and create an aura of mystery.
For more information on this, please comment with your name and email address below and we will be contacted to discuss this directly.
All Link Building Related Posts
Check out the in-depth list of link building posts.
- Aberdeen SEO Link Building Agency
- Agency Backlinks With James Gregory
- Birmingham SEO Link Building Agency
- Blackpool SEO Link Building Agency
- Bradford SEO Link Building Agency
- Brighton SEO Link Building Agency
- Bristol SEO Link Building Agency
- Buy Niche Edits Wholesale Backlinks
- Cardiff SEO Link Building Agency
- Coventry SEO Link Building Agency
- Cybersquatting - Stay Clear of Trademark Domains
- DFY Link Testimony | Link Building Recommendation
- Dundee SEO Link Building Agency
- Falkirk SEO Link Building Agency
- Guest Post Guide
- How Building Citations Can Improve Your Link Building
- Is a Mention as Powerful as a Backlink?
- Leeds SEO Link Building Agency
- Leicester SEO Link Building Agency
- Link Building Agency
- Link Juice Backlinks Guide
- Link Whisper Review
- Liverpool SEO Link Building Agency
- London SEO Link Building Agency
- Manchester SEO Link Building Agency
- Newcastle SEO Link Building Agency
- Niche Edit Contextual Backlinks
- Norwich SEO Link Building Agency
- Not Enough Backlinks
- Not Enough Relevant Backlinks
- Oxford SEO Link Building Agency
- Plymouth SEO Link Building Agency
- Press Release Service
- Preston SEO Link Building Agency
- SEO Backlink Audit - Soft Surfaces
- SEO Backlink Audit – Advansys Website Design
- SEO Backlink Audit – Boomtown Bingo
- SEO Backlink Audit – HLR LOOKUP
- SEO Backlink Audit – SEO21
- SEO Backlink Audit – WJ UK
- Sheffield SEO Link Building Agency
- Sunderland SEO Link Building Agency
- Swansea SEO Link Building Agency
- The Acquisition Link Building Method
- The Auto Disavow Headfuck
- Too Many Homepage Links
- Too Many Low Quality Backlinks
- York SEO Link Building Agency
- Checking for a Perfect SEO Link Profile
- Silo Structure Internal Linking
- Blog Commenting Advanced Guide For SEO
- How To Get Links From Wikipedia
- Creating Your SEO Link Building Team In House
- SEO Link Building – What You Should Demand
- Using Broken Link Building for SEO
The full list shows the various backlink strategies for ranking higher in Google SERPs.