The Google Dance part of the algorithm causes pages to jump up and down in the SERPs after you make a change to the page like building links or updating content. It’s seen by many as a way of tricking people into thinking their rankings have gone down, so they think they need to reverse whatever change has been made. But this only alerts Google to the fact that you are trying to manipulate rankings. There are several Google Dance algorithm examples which we have collected from various websites.
- 1 Google Dance – Webpage Jumps in SERPs
- 2 Google Dancing Results in SERPs
- 3 Web Page Fluctuations in Google
- 4 Why is Google Rank Disappearing?
- 5 Google Dance Sudden Drops
- 6 Website Keeps Jumping Around
- 7 Rankings in Google Drop Dramatically
- 8 Webpage Dancing in Google SERPs
- 9 Google Dance Jumps Up and Down
- 10 Search Ranking Jump Up and Down
- 11 Google Drop in Rankings
- 12 Google Dance Drops and Gains
- 13 Website Doing the Google Dance
- 14 Google Dance – Rankings Up and Down
- 15 All SEO Related Posts
Google Dance – Webpage Jumps in SERPs
Below you can see one example of rankings for a page which have fluctuated a lot over a couple of months. First, the rankings jump up, move down and up for a while and then stay down again for a while. After this, they jump up to a high point, then fluctuate again before finally ending up higher.
The best thing to do in this situation is not reverse any of the changes you have made. Just wait until the ranking levels out, and if you find that it has gradually dropped, consider making some changes.
Google Dancing Results in SERPs
This photo below shows another example of Google dancing results in SERPS. The metrics for this webpage show it at a steady level and then dropping down, lifting up, and continuing to fluctuate over the course of just a few days.
This is something that’s commonly seen when making changes to a particular page.
Web Page Fluctuations in Google
It’s common to see web page fluctuations in Google, as you can see in this screenshot below. Many site owners have experienced this with one website or another and it’s a completely normal part of SEO and manipulating your rankings.
Why is Google Rank Disappearing?
This is a common question that you may hear or think to yourself when working on improving your Google rankings. You might have updated your content really well or built some powerful links to the page, and yet you see rankings for your pages dropping suddenly. The random ranking factor might be causing this as it’s Google testing you to see if you’ll react to the drops.
Google Dance Sudden Drops
In some cases with the Google Dance, you might see sudden drops in your rankings. As you can see in the photo below, this particular page saw some serious up and down movement including sharp drops across a four-month period.
That’s just another example of how the random ranking factor can cause pages to jump up and down in the SERPs.
Website Keeps Jumping Around
You may notice that your website keeps jumping around if you have been making changes to it and watching the rankings.
Rankings in Google Drop Dramatically
It’s not uncommon to see your rankings in Google drop dramatically, especially if you have been making updates or building new links. There could be a reason for this, such as getting a link from a bad site or removing certain keywords from your content. However it could all be down to the random ranking factor, so don’t rule this out. As you can see below, this page experienced a big rise and then a drop which fluctuated for a few weeks. It then rose back up again to the original high point.
Webpage Dancing in Google SERPs
You can see another webpage dancing in Google SERPs with clear jumps up and down over a period of a few weeks.
Google Dance Jumps Up and Down
Below is another example of how ranking positions can jump up and down. The rankings here fluctuate quite a lot over a time period of about two months.
Search Ranking Jump Up and Down
It’s no surprise that search rankings jump up and down for different pages as there are so many different factors which affect the ranking.
Google Drop in Rankings
There are many reasons why you could see a Google drop in rankings on specific pages on your site. The example below shows a page at a consistent level, and then it suddenly drops down. It then moves back up and down again repeatedly for around two weeks.
Google Dance Drops and Gains
It can be confusing trying to analyse the Google Dance drops and gains cause they are usually pretty random. Most of the time it’s best to just ignore this and wait for it to subside. This example below shows ranking dropping quite significantly over a couple of days. By the end of the graph, it has moved back up to its original high point and seems to stay there.
Website Doing the Google Dance
You can see another example of a website doing the Google Dance below. This one clearly shoots up and down over the space of about a month with a couple of prolonged high points.
Google Dance – Rankings Up and Down
Another classic example of the Google Dance here. As you can see, rankings for this page are going up and down pretty rapidly over just a couple of weeks.
All SEO Related Posts
Check out the in-depth list of SEO posts.
- 3k ODYS Gambling Site Live Case Study
- Accidental Keywords
- Accuranker Review
- AdRoll Retargeting
- Ahrefs Review - Best SEO Tool
- AwayGrounds ODYS Live Case Study
- Babylon Traffic Review
- Best Rank Tracking Tools
- Brand SERP SEO
- Brand SERPs Course
- Calculate Your Organic SEO CTR Manipulation
- Cluster AI Review
- Co-Occurrence SEO
- Cognitive SEO Review
- Common Issues During Server Log Analysis
- Content Expansion
- Content Plan Roadmap
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- CTR Booster Review
- Expired Domains Aftermarket
- Facebook Retargeting
- Featured Snippets
- Gmail Ads Retargeting
- Google Dance Algorithm Examples
- Google Display Network Retargeting
- Google Fresh Content Ranking Factor
- Grammarly Review
- How to Improve Google Search Results
- How to Scale Website Content With SEO Writers?
- iGaming SEO
- Impressionz Review
- Instagram Retargeting
- Keyword Clustering
- Keyword Cupid Review
- LinkedIn Prospecting Guide
- Linkedin Retargeting
- Linkio WP Roundup Lists Plugin Review
- Listicle Roundup SEO
- Mass Page Builder
- Multi Channel Retargeting
- OmniChannel Retargeting
- One Page For One Corpus
- Onpage SEO Content Checklist
- Pro Rank Tracker Review
- Quillbot Review
- RLSA Retargeting
- SE ranking review
- Search Intent
- SearchSEO CTR Bot Review
- SEO Case Studies
- SEO Client Referral
- SEO Content Audit Guide
- SEO For Images - Visual Search Ranking Factors
- SEO Mastermind Work Retreats
- SEO Testing Review
- SERP Empire Review
- SerpClix Review
- Serpstat Review
- SerpWatch Review
- SERPWoo Review
- SparkTraffic Review
- Striking Distance Keywords
- Surfer SEO Review
- Technical SEO Checklist
- Text Structure
- Traffic Delivery Network via Social Media
- Triggering Google Suggests
- Twitter Retargeting
- Whatsmyserp Review
- Why Organic CTR Improves Your SEO
- Wiki Wookiee Review
- Wincher Review
- Youtube Retargeting
- Organic SEO vs PPC vs Hybrid
- Why Become an SEO?
- Is SEO Dead
- Best SEO Training Course Online
- How to Maximise Your Instagram Account
- Google Bot Crawl Budget Optimisation
- Advanced Reddit SEO Guide
- Future Tense Anchor Text SEO Technique
- How I Became a Digital Nomad
- Topical SEO - Create Supporting Articles
- SEO Beginners Work Experience
- The Future of SEO - Effective Frequency
- SEO Clients Unrealistic Goals
- Best Keyword Research Technique
- Semrush Review
- Engagement Rank - SEO Click Through Rate Traffic
- OnPage Content Latent Semantic Indexing
- Ranking YouTube Videos
- Ranking Using Distances in Web-Link Graph
- Explanation to Jumps in SERPs
- Why Do Relationships Between SEOs and Clients Fail?
- Content Cannibalisation Google Penalty
- The Three Search Engine Keyword Types
- Costs of SEO Services for Businesses
- Tips For Optimising Your Images for Technical SEO
- Is Linking Out Useful For SEO?
- Maximise Your Tumblr Profile
- Maximise your Pinterest Profile
- Introduction to Search Engine Optimisation
- Signal Boy To Increase Real Social Signals
The full list shows the various SEO strategies to help your online marketing knowledge grow fast in November 2020.