Google Dance Algorithm Examples
The Google Dance part of the algorithm causes pages to jump up and down in the SERPs after you make a change to the page like building links or updating content. It’s seen by many as a way of tricking people into thinking their rankings have gone down, so they think they need to reverse whatever change has been made. But this only alerts Google to the fact that you are trying to manipulate rankings. There are several Google Dance algorithm examples which we have collected from various websites.
- 1 Google Dance – Webpage Jumps in SERPs
- 2 Google Dancing Results in SERPs
- 3 Web Page Fluctuations in Google
- 4 Why is Google Rank Disappearing?
- 5 Google Dance Sudden Drops
- 6 Website Keeps Jumping Around
- 7 Rankings in Google Drop Dramatically
- 8 Webpage Dancing in Google SERPs
- 9 Google Dance Jumps Up and Down
- 10 Search Ranking Jump Up and Down
- 11 Google Drop in Rankings
- 12 Google Dance Drops and Gains
- 13 Website Doing the Google Dance
- 14 Google Dance – Rankings Up and Down
- 15 All SEO Related Posts
Google Dance – Webpage Jumps in SERPs
Below you can see one example of rankings for a page which have fluctuated a lot over a couple of months. First, the rankings jump up, move down and up for a while and then stay down again for a while. After this, they jump up to a high point, then fluctuate again before finally ending up higher.
The best thing to do in this situation is not reverse any of the changes you have made. Just wait until the ranking levels out, and if you find that it has gradually dropped, consider making some changes.
Google Dancing Results in SERPs
This photo below shows another example of Google dancing results in SERPS. The metrics for this webpage show it at a steady level and then dropping down, lifting up, and continuing to fluctuate over the course of just a few days.
This is something that’s commonly seen when making changes to a particular page.
Web Page Fluctuations in Google
It’s common to see web page fluctuations in Google, as you can see in this screenshot below. Many site owners have experienced this with one website or another and it’s a completely normal part of SEO and manipulating your rankings.
Why is Google Rank Disappearing?
This is a common question that you may hear or think to yourself when working on improving your Google rankings. You might have updated your content really well or built some powerful links to the page, and yet you see rankings for your pages dropping suddenly. The random ranking factor might be causing this as it’s Google testing you to see if you’ll react to the drops.
Google Dance Sudden Drops
In some cases with the Google Dance, you might see sudden drops in your rankings. As you can see in the photo below, this particular page saw some serious up and down movement including sharp drops across a four-month period.
That’s just another example of how the random ranking factor can cause pages to jump up and down in the SERPs.
Website Keeps Jumping Around
You may notice that your website keeps jumping around if you have been making changes to it and watching the rankings.
Rankings in Google Drop Dramatically
It’s not uncommon to see your rankings in Google drop dramatically, especially if you have been making updates or building new links. There could be a reason for this, such as getting a link from a bad site or removing certain keywords from your content. However it could all be down to the random ranking factor, so don’t rule this out. As you can see below, this page experienced a big rise and then a drop which fluctuated for a few weeks. It then rose back up again to the original high point.
Webpage Dancing in Google SERPs
You can see another webpage dancing in Google SERPs with clear jumps up and down over a period of a few weeks.
Google Dance Jumps Up and Down
Below is another example of how ranking positions can jump up and down. The rankings here fluctuate quite a lot over a time period of about two months.
Search Ranking Jump Up and Down
It’s no surprise that search rankings jump up and down for different pages as there are so many different factors which affect the ranking.
Google Drop in Rankings
There are many reasons why you could see a Google drop in rankings on specific pages on your site. The example below shows a page at a consistent level, and then it suddenly drops down. It then moves back up and down again repeatedly for around two weeks.
Google Dance Drops and Gains
It can be confusing trying to analyse the Google Dance drops and gains cause they are usually pretty random. Most of the time it’s best to just ignore this and wait for it to subside. This example below shows ranking dropping quite significantly over a couple of days. By the end of the graph, it has moved back up to its original high point and seems to stay there.
Website Doing the Google Dance
You can see another example of a website doing the Google Dance below. This one clearly shoots up and down over the space of about a month with a couple of prolonged high points.
Google Dance – Rankings Up and Down
Another classic example of the Google Dance here. As you can see, rankings for this page are going up and down pretty rapidly over just a couple of weeks.
All SEO Related Posts
Check out the in-depth list of SEO posts.
- 3k ODYS Gambling Site Live Case Study
- A Fair Comparison Between SEO Crawlers: JetOctopus and Screaming Frog
- Accidental Keywords
- Accuranker Review
- Addiction Treatment SEO Services
- Advanced Reddit SEO Guide
- Aged Domain Case Study
- Ahrefs Review - Best SEO Tool
- AI Copywriting Software
- AI in SEO
- AutoSuggest.Me Review
- AwayGrounds ODYS Live Case Study
- Babylon Traffic Review
- Bad Links - Identifying Toxic Backlinks
- Best Freelancer Marketplace
- Best Keyword Research Technique
- Best Rank Tracking Tools
- Best SEO Training Course Online
- Brand SERP SEO
- Brand SERPs Course
- Calculate Your Organic SEO CTR Manipulation
- Clearscope Review
- Cluster AI Review
- Co-Occurrence SEO
- Cognitive SEO Review
- Common Issues During Server Log Analysis
- Content Briefs
- Content Cannibalisation Google Penalty
- Content Expansion
- Content Plan Roadmap
- Content Pruning Case Study
- Content Strategist
- Content Team
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- ConversionAI Review
- Costs of SEO Services for Businesses
- CTR Geeks Course
- Custom Regex In Google Search Console
- Diib Review
- DO NOT SAY You Got To Test It
- Engagement Rank - SEO Click Through Rate Traffic
- Expired Domains Aftermarket
- Explanation to Jumps in SERPs
- Featured Snippets
- Fiverr Freelancer Marketplace Review
- Focus Keyphrase
- Frase Review
- Freelancer.Com Review
- Future Tense Anchor Text SEO Technique
- GeneratePress Review
- GMB Everywhere Review
- Google Bot Crawl Budget Optimisation
- Google Dance Algorithm Examples
- Google Fresh Content Ranking Factor
- Google My Business SEO Case Study
- Grammarly Review
- GROW FLOW – Surfer’s AI Growth Management Platform
- Hemingway App Review
- Heropost Review
- Holistic SEO
- How I Became a Digital Nomad
- How to Do Affiliate Marketing on Twitter the Right Way
- How to Improve Google Search Results
- How to Maximise Your Instagram Account
- How to Scale Website Content With SEO Writers?
- iGaming SEO
- Impressionz Review
- Information Gain SEO
- Internal Linking SEO Case Study
- Introduction to Search Engine Optimisation
- Is Linking Out Useful For SEO?
- Is SEO Dead
- JetOctopus Review
- Keyword Chef Review
- Keyword Clustering
- Keyword Cupid Review
- Konker Freelancer Marketplace Review
- LeadSnap Review: The Ultimate Rank & Rent Tool for SEOs and Marketers
- Legiit Freelancer Marketplace Review
- Link Building Case Study
- LinkedIn Prospecting Guide
- Linkio WP Roundup Lists Plugin Review
- Listicle Roundup SEO
- Local Falcon Review
- Local Viking Review
- Magic Page Plugin Review
- Marketing Miner
- MarketMuse Review
- Mass Page Builder
- Maximise your Pinterest Profile
- Maximise Your Tumblr Profile
- My Content Pal Review
- Negative SEO Case Study
- NitroPack Review
- Omega Indexer
- On Page SEO Case Study
- One Page For One Corpus
- OnPage Content Latent Semantic Indexing
- Onpage SEO Content Checklist
- Organic SEO vs PPC vs Hybrid
- Page ReWriter Review
- Passage Ranking
- People Per Hour Freelancer Marketplace Review
- Personalized Google Search Results
- Pro Rank Tracker Review
- Progressive Content Optimisation SEO
- Quillbot Review
- Rank and Rent Case Study
- Rate My Business Review
- Reviews To Improve Your Online Reputation
- Rytr AI Writer Review
- SE ranking review
- Search Engine Manipulation Effect
- Search Engines
- Search Intent
- Searcharoo Review
- Semrush Review
- SEO Beginners Work Experience
- SEO Case Studies
- SEO Client Referral
- SEO Clients Unrealistic Goals
- SEO Content Audit Guide
- SEO Content Optimization Tools
- SEO Content Writers
- SEO For Accountants
- SEO For Boiler Companies
- SEO For Debt Help Companies
- SEO For Dentists
- SEO For Images - Visual Search Ranking Factors
- SEO For Insulation Companies
- SEO For Mortgage Brokers
- SEO For Solar Companies
- SEO for Solicitors, Barristers & Law Firms
- SEO Hidden Agenda
- SEO Mastermind Work Retreats
- SEO PowerSuite Review
- SEO Ranking Drop
- SEO Testing Review
- SEOClerks Freelancer Marketplace Review
- Serpstat Review
- SerpWatch Review
- SERPWoo Review
- Signal Boy To Increase Real Social Signals
- Social Media Management Tools
- SparkTraffic Review
- Striking Distance Keywords
- Surfer Local Review
- Surfer SEO Review
- Technical SEO Checklist
- Text Structure
- The Future of SEO - Effective Frequency
- The Guide To YouTube SEO Ranking
- The Three Search Engine Keyword Types
- Tips For Optimising Your Images for Technical SEO
- Tools to Assist Your GMB Local SEO
- Topical Authority Case Study
- Topical SEO - Create Supporting Articles
- Traffic Delivery Network via Social Media
- Triggering Google Suggests
- Twitter Moments
- Ultimate Guide to GMB SEO
- Upwork Freelancer Marketplace Review
- Vettted Freelancer Marketplace Review
- Video Veggie Review
- Web Copy Masterclass Review
- Website Architecture
- Website Content Uploader
- What Should I Do After a Google Algorithm Update or Google Organic Traffic Drop?
- Whatsmyserp Review
- Why Become an SEO?
- Why Do Relationships Between SEOs and Clients Fail?
- Wildcards in Google Search: Everything You Need to Know
- Wincher Review
The full list shows the various SEO strategies to help your online marketing knowledge grow fast in October 2022.
Our aim to explain and educate from a basic level to an advanced on SEO and Social Media Marketing.